About This Chapter
AEPA Math: Geometric Figures - Chapter Summary
The bite-sized video lessons in this chapter can be viewed from any internet-enabled device, making it convenient to fit AEPA prep into your schedule. As you work through the lessons, you will cover:
- Points, lines, angles, rays and line segments
- Constructing figures with lines and angles
- The midpoint theorem
- Parallel, perpendicular and transverse lines
- Angle types and construction
Use the video transcripts to track down key terms and concepts. A quiz after each lesson allows you to practice using the information you've covered. If you need any assistance with the material, ask our instructors for help.
1. Line Segments & Rays: Definition & Measurement
Watch this video lesson to learn the difference between a line segment and a ray. You will also learn how to measure and add line segments. Learn why you can't measure or add a ray.
2. Points, Lines & Angles in Geometry
After watching this video lesson, you should understand the basic terms that form the foundation of geometry. Learn what a point is, what a line is, what an angle is, and learn about a special type of angle called a right angle.
3. Geometric Constructions Using Lines and Angles
Watch this video lesson to learn about geometric construction and how you can copy line segments and angles without using any numbers. All you need is a straight edge and a compass.
4. Line Segment Bisection & Midpoint Theorem: Geometric Construction
Watch this video lesson and you will learn how to bisect a line segment without measurements using just a compass and a straight edge. You'll also learn about the midpoint theorem, which lets you calculate the midpoint if you have the measurements.
5. Dividing Line Segments into Equal Parts: Geometric Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn one way to easily divide any line segment into as many equal parts as you need. Also, learn where in real life this skill comes in handy.
6. Parallel, Perpendicular and Transverse Lines
What are the different types of lines? Where are they visible in the real world and how can you recognize them? Find out here and test your knowledge with a quiz.
7. Types of Angles: Vertical, Corresponding, Alternate Interior & Others
In addition to basic right, acute, or obtuse angles, there are many other types of angles or angle relationships. In this lesson, we will learn to identify these angle relationships and discuss their measurements.
8. Constructing an Angle Bisector in Geometry
Watch this video lesson to learn a cool way to split an angle in half. You can use this method to split a pie slice in half where you can be sure each side is equal.
9. Constructing Equilateral Triangles, Squares, and Regular Hexagons Inscribed in Circles
Constructing an accurate triangle, square, or hexagon within a circle is a matter of a few simple steps, and can be extremely practical. In this lesson, we'll practice the construction of those three shapes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Mathematics (NT304): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Math: Properties of Real Numbers
- AEPA Math: Fractions
- AEPA Math: Decimals & Percents
- AEPA Math: Ratios & Proportions
- AEPA Math: Units of Measure & Conversions
- AEPA Math: Logic
- AEPA Math: Reasoning
- AEPA Math: Vector Operations
- AEPA Math: Matrix Operations & Determinants
- AEPA Math: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- AEPA Math: Algebraic Expressions
- AEPA Math: Linear Equations
- AEPA Math: Inequalities
- AEPA Math: Absolute Value
- AEPA Math: Quadratic Equations
- AEPA Math: Polynomials
- AEPA Math: Rational Expressions
- AEPA Math: Radical Expressions
- AEPA Math: Systems of Equations
- AEPA Math: Complex Numbers
- AEPA Math: Functions
- AEPA Math: Piecewise Functions
- AEPA Math: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- AEPA Math: Continuity of Functions
- AEPA Math: Limits
- AEPA Math: Rate of Change
- AEPA Math: Derivative Rules
- AEPA Math: Graphing Derivatives
- AEPA Math: Applications of Derivatives
- AEPA Math: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- AEPA Math: Integration Techniques
- AEPA Math: Applications of Integration
- AEPA Math: Foundations of Geometry
- AEPA Math: Properties of Triangles
- AEPA Math: Triangle Theorems & Proofs
- AEPA Math: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- AEPA Math: Quadrilaterals
- AEPA Math: Circles & Arc of a Circle
- AEPA Math: Conic Sections
- AEPA Math: Geometric Solids
- AEPA Math: Analytical Geometry
- AEPA Math: Using Trigonometric Functions
- AEPA Math: Trigonometric Graphs
- AEPA Math: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- AEPA Math: Trigonometric Identities
- AEPA Math: Sequences & Series
- AEPA Math: Graph Theory
- AEPA Math: Set Theory
- AEPA Math: Statistics Overview
- AEPA Math: Summarizing Data
- AEPA Math: Tables, Plots & Graphs
- AEPA Math: Probability
- AEPA Math: Discrete Probability Distributions
- AEPA Math: Continuous Probability Distributions
- AEPA Math: Sampling
- AEPA Math: Regression & Correlation
- AEPA Mathematics Flashcards