About This Chapter
AEPA Math: Sampling - Chapter Summary
Understanding the concepts of sample selection and interpretation is an essential math skill, particularly in the area of statistics. If you need a refresher on this subject, check out the video lessons in this chapter which will help prepare you to answer test questions about:
- Simple, stratified, cluster and systematic random samples
- Central limit theorem and z-scores
- Finding the mean and standard error of sampling distributions
- Using the central limit theorem to find probabilities about means
Our expert instructors have made these video lessons brief and engaging for quick and effective review. Short, multiple-choice quizzes follow each lesson to help ensure you've grasped and retained all you reviewed about sampling in statistics.
1. What is Random Sampling? - Definition, Conditions & Measures
Random sampling is used in many research scenarios. In this lesson, you will learn how to use random sampling and find out the benefits and risks of using random samples.
2. Simple Random Samples: Definition & Examples
Simple random sampling is a common method used to collect data in many different fields. From psychology to economics, simple random sampling can be the most feasible way to get information. Learn all about it in this lesson!
3. Stratified Random Samples: Definition, Characteristics & Examples
Random sampling isn't always simple! There are many different types of sampling. In this lesson, you will learn how to use stratified random sampling and when it is most appropriate to use it.
4. Cluster Random Samples: Definition, Selection & Examples
Cluster random sampling is one of many ways you can collect data. Sometimes it can be confusing knowing which way is best. This lesson explains cluster random sampling, how to use it, and the differences between cluster and stratified sampling.
5. Systematic Random Samples: Definition, Formula & Advantages
Systematic random sampling is a great way to randomly collect data on a population without the hassle of putting names in a bag or using a random number generator. In this lesson, learn all about how and when to use systematic random sampling.
6. Sampling Distributions & the Central Limit Theorem: Definition, Formula & Examples
Want proof that all of this normal distribution talk actually makes sense? Then you've come to the right place. In this lesson, we look at sampling distributions and the idea of the central limit theorem, a basic component of statistics.
7. Find the Mean & Standard Error of the Sampling Distribution
Have you ever had a situation where one grade destroyed your average? Wouldn't you like a way of proving that your work was actually pretty good with that one exception? The standard error gives you such a chance.
8. Finding Probabilities About Means Using the Central Limit Theorem
The central limit theorem provides us with a very powerful approach for solving problems involving large amount of data. In this lesson, we'll explore how this is done as well as conditions that make this theorem valid.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Mathematics (NT304): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Math: Properties of Real Numbers
- AEPA Math: Fractions
- AEPA Math: Decimals & Percents
- AEPA Math: Ratios & Proportions
- AEPA Math: Units of Measure & Conversions
- AEPA Math: Logic
- AEPA Math: Reasoning
- AEPA Math: Vector Operations
- AEPA Math: Matrix Operations & Determinants
- AEPA Math: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- AEPA Math: Algebraic Expressions
- AEPA Math: Linear Equations
- AEPA Math: Inequalities
- AEPA Math: Absolute Value
- AEPA Math: Quadratic Equations
- AEPA Math: Polynomials
- AEPA Math: Rational Expressions
- AEPA Math: Radical Expressions
- AEPA Math: Systems of Equations
- AEPA Math: Complex Numbers
- AEPA Math: Functions
- AEPA Math: Piecewise Functions
- AEPA Math: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- AEPA Math: Continuity of Functions
- AEPA Math: Limits
- AEPA Math: Rate of Change
- AEPA Math: Derivative Rules
- AEPA Math: Graphing Derivatives
- AEPA Math: Applications of Derivatives
- AEPA Math: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- AEPA Math: Integration Techniques
- AEPA Math: Applications of Integration
- AEPA Math: Foundations of Geometry
- AEPA Math: Geometric Figures
- AEPA Math: Properties of Triangles
- AEPA Math: Triangle Theorems & Proofs
- AEPA Math: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- AEPA Math: Quadrilaterals
- AEPA Math: Circles & Arc of a Circle
- AEPA Math: Conic Sections
- AEPA Math: Geometric Solids
- AEPA Math: Analytical Geometry
- AEPA Math: Using Trigonometric Functions
- AEPA Math: Trigonometric Graphs
- AEPA Math: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- AEPA Math: Trigonometric Identities
- AEPA Math: Sequences & Series
- AEPA Math: Graph Theory
- AEPA Math: Set Theory
- AEPA Math: Statistics Overview
- AEPA Math: Summarizing Data
- AEPA Math: Tables, Plots & Graphs
- AEPA Math: Probability
- AEPA Math: Discrete Probability Distributions
- AEPA Math: Continuous Probability Distributions
- AEPA Math: Regression & Correlation
- AEPA Mathematics Flashcards