About This Chapter
AEPA Math: Triangle Theorems & Proofs - Chapter Summary
Expand your knowledge of topics such as similarity transformations and side-angle-side postulates as you get ready for the AEPA Math examination. This chapter's animated video lessons can be used as study tools that allow you to refresh your memory of various geometric concepts or even learn new material. The lessons might help you with:
- Using triangle congruence postulates
- Practicing congruence proofs
- Explaining the converse of statements
- Understanding the AAS theorem, the HA theorem, the HL theorem and the perpendicular bisector theorem
- Proving the angle bisector theorem
- Proving the congruency of right triangles and isosceles triangles
In addition to being entertaining, these online video lessons provide opportunities for practice. Learn by completing sample problems and submitting your questions to the knowledgeable instructors. Use the video tags to re-watch parts of the lessons or refer to the corresponding written transcripts if you prefer. The chapter includes self-assessment quizzes and a practice examination. You can use these to test your knowledge as well as your level of preparation for the AEPA Math examination.
1. Triangle Congruence Postulates: SAS, ASA & SSS
When we have two triangles, how can we tell if they're congruent? They may look the same, but you can be certain by using one of several triangle congruence postulates, such as SSS, SAS or ASA.
2. Congruence Proofs: Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangles
Congruent triangles have congruent sides and angles, and the sides and angles of one triangle correspond to their twins in the other. In this lesson, we'll try practice with some geometric proofs based around this theorem.
3. Converse of a Statement: Explanation and Example
Just because a conditional statement is true, is the converse of the statement always going to be true? In this lesson, we'll learn the truth about the converse of statements.
4. Practice Proving Relationships using Congruence & Similarity
In geometry, if two shapes are similar they have the same shape but different sizes, while two congruent shapes have the same shape and size. In this lesson, you will learn how to prove that shapes are similar or congruent.
5. The AAS (Angle-Angle-Side) Theorem: Proof and Examples
When trying to find out if triangles are congruent, it's helpful to have as many tools as possible. In this lesson, we'll add to our congruence toolbox by learning about the AAS theorem, or angle-angle-side.
6. The HA (Hypotenuse Angle) Theorem: Proof, Explanation, & Examples
In this lesson, we'll learn about the hypotenuse angle theorem. With this theorem, we can prove two right triangles are congruent with just congruent hypotenuses and acute angles.
7. The HL (Hypotenuse Leg) Theorem: Definition, Proof, & Examples
In this lesson, we'll learn about the hypotenuse leg theorem. This theorem enables us to prove two right triangles are congruent based on just two sides.
8. Perpendicular Bisector Theorem: Proof and Example
Perpendicular bisectors are multifunctional lines. They're not only perpendicular to the line in question, they also neatly divide it into two equal halves. In this lesson, we'll learn about the perpendicular bisector theorem.
9. Angle Bisector Theorem: Proof and Example
The angle bisector theorem sounds almost too good to be true. In this lesson, we set out to prove the theorem and then look at a few examples of how it's used.
10. Congruency of Right Triangles: Definition of LA and LL Theorems
In this lesson, we'll learn two theorems that help us prove when two right triangles are congruent to one another. The LA theorem, or leg-acute, and LL theorem, or leg-leg, are useful shortcuts for proving congruence.
11. Congruency of Isosceles Triangles: Proving the Theorem
Isosceles triangles have two equal sides. Are the base angles also equal? In this lesson, we'll prove how this is true. We'll also prove the theorem's converse.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Mathematics (NT304): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Math: Properties of Real Numbers
- AEPA Math: Fractions
- AEPA Math: Decimals & Percents
- AEPA Math: Ratios & Proportions
- AEPA Math: Units of Measure & Conversions
- AEPA Math: Logic
- AEPA Math: Reasoning
- AEPA Math: Vector Operations
- AEPA Math: Matrix Operations & Determinants
- AEPA Math: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- AEPA Math: Algebraic Expressions
- AEPA Math: Linear Equations
- AEPA Math: Inequalities
- AEPA Math: Absolute Value
- AEPA Math: Quadratic Equations
- AEPA Math: Polynomials
- AEPA Math: Rational Expressions
- AEPA Math: Radical Expressions
- AEPA Math: Systems of Equations
- AEPA Math: Complex Numbers
- AEPA Math: Functions
- AEPA Math: Piecewise Functions
- AEPA Math: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- AEPA Math: Continuity of Functions
- AEPA Math: Limits
- AEPA Math: Rate of Change
- AEPA Math: Derivative Rules
- AEPA Math: Graphing Derivatives
- AEPA Math: Applications of Derivatives
- AEPA Math: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- AEPA Math: Integration Techniques
- AEPA Math: Applications of Integration
- AEPA Math: Foundations of Geometry
- AEPA Math: Geometric Figures
- AEPA Math: Properties of Triangles
- AEPA Math: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- AEPA Math: Quadrilaterals
- AEPA Math: Circles & Arc of a Circle
- AEPA Math: Conic Sections
- AEPA Math: Geometric Solids
- AEPA Math: Analytical Geometry
- AEPA Math: Using Trigonometric Functions
- AEPA Math: Trigonometric Graphs
- AEPA Math: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- AEPA Math: Trigonometric Identities
- AEPA Math: Sequences & Series
- AEPA Math: Graph Theory
- AEPA Math: Set Theory
- AEPA Math: Statistics Overview
- AEPA Math: Summarizing Data
- AEPA Math: Tables, Plots & Graphs
- AEPA Math: Probability
- AEPA Math: Discrete Probability Distributions
- AEPA Math: Continuous Probability Distributions
- AEPA Math: Sampling
- AEPA Math: Regression & Correlation
- AEPA Mathematics Flashcards