About This Chapter
AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Visual Aids in Communication - Chapter Summary
Assess what you know about the use of visual designs and aids in presentations, public speaking, and workplace communications. Study how visuals support and impact your message. In this chapter's lessons, you can expect to cover:
- How messages are conveyed through visual images
- Factors that affect how one interprets visual images
- The role of visuals in communication
- Creating the tone for and proofing a PowerPoint presentation
- The types of visual aids one can use in public speaking presentations
Once you feel you have grasped the concepts discussed in these lessons, you can take the accompanying quizzes to assess what you have learned. Taking these quizzes is a helpful exercise before you take the AEPA Middle Grades ELA exam.
1. Factors that Affect Interpretation of Visual Images
This lesson explores how pictures, paintings, and photographs communicate meaning. We will discover the principles of visual literacy and look at how we use our personal experience and knowledge when looking at visual images.
2. Visual Design of Your Message: Consistency, Balance, Restraint & Detail
The visual design of your message is critical to the successful delivery of your ideas. Consistency, balance, restraint and detail are the four key areas that need to be addressed to allow a professional impression of your work.
3. Ethical Considerations When Using Visuals in Workplace Communication
There are important ethical considerations when using visuals in workplace communication. This lesson covers specific guidelines that individuals can follow to ensure that the visual message is an appropriate representation of the truth.
4. What is Copyright Infringement? - Understanding Copyright Law
Copyright is a type of intellectual property right that protects certain original works. Copyright laws work to provide authors with exclusive rights to their works. Any unauthorized use could amount to copyright infringement. This lesson explains copyright law and copyright infringement.
5. The Role of Visuals in Communication
Visuals used in business communication can help with message development. This lesson will explain how the use of visuals can increase understanding, development, communication, and the retainment of a message.
6. Types of Visual Aids Used in Public Speaking
Many people understand that visual aids can be helpful in public speaking. But what types of visual aids should a person choose? Watch this lesson for information on the types of visual aids and how to choose the best one.
7. Using Visuals to Present Data: Textual Graphics vs. Visual Graphics
Textual and visual graphics can aid in visually presenting data to a business audience. You must first identify the type of data you will be presenting and then decide whether it is details, patterns or relationships being communicated.
8. Developing an Audience-Centered Presentation
A presenter has to be able to develop an audience-centered presentation to target the wants, needs, motivations and characteristics of the attendees in order for the message to be delivered appropriately.
9. Using Technology to Deliver a Presentation: Pros, Cons & Strategies
In today's wired world, there are many different technology strategies companies can use to deliver a message effectively, from simple slide presentations to live videos. This lesson covers the basics of several popular technologies and addresses the pros and cons of each.
10. How to Set the Tone for Your PowerPoint Presentation
The tone of a speech has a lot to do with how the audience feels when you speak. In this lesson, we will discuss best practices when creating your slides and setting the tone for your presentation.
11. How to Proof and Finalize Your PowerPoint Presentation
Proofreading your slides is key to making sure you produce a quality presentation. This lesson will cover PowerPoint proofing features, steps to customizing how PowerPoint checks your text and how to add a Mark as Final status to your presentation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Middle Grades English Language Arts (NT201): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Foundations of Reading
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Identifying the Meaning of Words
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Teaching Vocabulary
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Figures of Speech
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Literary Interpretation
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Reading Comprehension Strategies
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Literary Elements & Structure
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Climax & Plot in Literature
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Literary Themes
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Points of View in Literature
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Reading Informational Texts
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Elements of Persuasive Texts
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Genres & Types of Literature
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Literary Nonfiction
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Interpreting Literary Fiction
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Types of Literary Fiction
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Drama Analysis
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Types of Poetry
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Analyzing Prose
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Significant Literary Works
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Grammar & Parts of Speech
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Phrases & Clauses
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Sentence Structure
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Modifiers
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Punctuation Rules
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Spelling Rules
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Composition Writing
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Clarity in Writing
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: The Writing Process
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Writing Research & Citation
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Narrative Writing
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Descriptive Writing
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Expository Writing
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Persuasive Writing
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Active Listening
- AEPA Middle Grades ELA: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- AEPA Middle Grades English Language Arts Flashcards