About This Chapter
AEPA Physical Ed: Organizing & Evaluating Phys Ed Programs - Chapter Summary
Prepare to take the AEPA Physical Education test by going through this chapter's video lessons. The lessons highlight the processes of organizing and evaluating physical education programs. Learn more about the following topics:
- The designing of PE programs
- Lesson program analysis
- Physical education and classroom diversity
- Safety practices
- Methods of assessment in physical education
By gazing at our fun-to-watch videos, you can discover how to make sure physical education lessons remain compliant. The lessons are self-paced, so you will be able to go at a pace that is right for you as you study. If you come across something that you don't comprehend, our instructors will help you out. Just submit your questions using the 'ask-an-expert' feature on the dashboard.
AEPA Physical Ed: Organizing & Evaluating Phys Ed Programs Chapter Objectives
Becoming certified as a physical education teacher in Arizona requires a passing score on the AEPA Physical Education test. The information in this Organizing and Evaluating Physical Education Programs chapter will be reflected on The Physical Education Program content domain which composes 25% of the physical education test. You can get a good sense of the types of questions that you'll find on the AEPA Physical Education test by completing the practice questions. Both our quizzes and the AEPA Physical Education certification exam are in a standard multiple-choice format. In all, there are 150 multiple-choice questions on the exam. You'll have up to three hours for completion.
1. Designing PE Programs Based on National & State Standards
This lesson will teach you how to design effective standardized physical education programs. It'll guide you through the process of backwards planning and evaluating to create the depth and order of the content.
2. Analyzing Physical Education Lesson Plans
Teachers need to keep several aspects in mind when designing lessons, like skill level and purpose. This lesson describes necessary components of physical education lesson plans and details what aspects to include.
3. Accommodating Diverse Students in Physical Education Class
You're going to learn how methods of instruction, activities, rules, and equipment can be altered in order to accommodate students of different cultures, languages, and physical abilities in this lesson.
4. Student Progress & Safety in Physical Education Classes
Physical education teachers have an important responsibility to monitor students' progress and safety in class. This lesson provides some strategies for successfully acting as a monitor.
5. Physical Education Assessments: Types & Uses
In this lesson, we explore physical education assessments today and the common criteria that educators use. In addition, we discover the best way to approach using assessments with the student.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Physical Education (NT506): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Phys Ed: Growth & Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Wellness & Activity
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Skeletal System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Muscular System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Circulatory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Respiratory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Nervous System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Digestive System
- AEPA Phys Ed: Physical Activity & the Body
- AEPA Phys Ed: Motor Development & Learning
- AEPA Phys Ed: Movement Concepts & Biomechanics
- AEPA Phys Ed: Sports & Recreational Activities
- AEPA Phys Ed: Exercise & Body Composition
- AEPA Phys Ed: Weight Management
- AEPA Phys Ed: Responsible Personal & Social Behaviors
- AEPA Phys Ed: Supporting Student Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Maintaining a Safe Environment
- AEPA Physical Education Flashcards