About This Chapter
AEPA Phys. Ed: Physical Activity & the Body - Chapter Summary
As you prepare for the AEPA Physical Education exam, this chapter aims to provide you with a review of different aspects of how physical activity impacts the human body. After completion of these lessons, you should be able to confidently answer questions on the exam pertaining to:
- What may impact one's ability to attain physical fitness
- The benefits of staying active
- Energy system awareness
- How movement affects systems in the body
As you analyze these topics, you can go at your own brisk or leisurely pace. In addition, if there's something you would like some clarification on, our experts can answer any and all questions you may have.
1. Using Energy Systems for Physical Activity
We all need energy to go about our daily lives and accomplish the goals that we set each day. However, many of us do not know how our body energy systems work. In this lesson we review ways energy systems are used for physical activity.
2. Interaction Among Body Systems & Movement
In this lesson we discuss how body systems interact to create movement. We explain how the eleven body systems are indeed interdependent and interconnected and how they actually work together in unison.
3. Physiological Effects of Physical Activity
Frequent challenging physical activity does a body good. This lesson will discuss the ways that the body adapts to physical activity and the physiological changes that come from it. We will end with a brief quiz to see what you have learned.
4. Factors Affecting Physical Fitness & Performance
What kinds of things impact physical fitness and performance, and how can teachers make the most of them? This lesson outlines factors impacting fitness and provides strategies to use in classrooms.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Physical Education (NT506): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Phys Ed: Growth & Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Wellness & Activity
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Skeletal System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Muscular System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Circulatory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Respiratory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Nervous System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Digestive System
- AEPA Phys Ed: Motor Development & Learning
- AEPA Phys Ed: Movement Concepts & Biomechanics
- AEPA Phys Ed: Sports & Recreational Activities
- AEPA Phys Ed: Exercise & Body Composition
- AEPA Phys Ed: Weight Management
- AEPA Phys Ed: Responsible Personal & Social Behaviors
- AEPA Phys Ed: Supporting Student Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Organizing & Evaluating Phys Ed Programs
- AEPA Phys Ed: Maintaining a Safe Environment
- AEPA Physical Education Flashcards