About This Chapter
AEPA Physical Education: Responsible Personal & Social Behaviors - Chapter Summary
The engaging video and text lessons in this chapter will help you review topics related to how sports and physical activity promote positive personal and social behaviors. The content prepares you to answer questions on the AEPA Physical Education exam about:
- Benefits of consistent physical activity
- Using fitness to promote positive behavior and healthy competition
- Diversity in fitness
- Social benefits of physical activities
- Influence of media and culture on social perceptions
Go through the lessons at your own pace and use the mobile-friendly format to study on the go. After watching the illustrated videos, take the corresponding quizzes to test your knowledge and get accustomed to the kinds of questions you will see on the actual AEPA Physical Education test.
1. The Benefits of Regular Physical Activity: Mental Health, Stress & Life Span
The mind and body can greatly benefit from even 30 minutes of exercise a day. Find out exactly what impact regular exercise can have on your mind, body, and lifespan in this video lesson.
2. Promoting Positive Behavior With Fitness
In this lesson, we will read about ways to promote positive behavior with fitness. We will explore the related methodologies including health promotion, crime reduction, community involvement, and social media. We'll also look at important developmental aspects such as honesty and sportsmanship.
3. Understanding Diversity Through Fitness
This lesson defines the terms respect and acceptance. It also discusses how teachers can use sports and games to help students understand diversity and how to appreciate others that are different from them.
4. The Sociocultural Benefits of Participating in Fitness
Physical activity offers many benefits. This lesson will focus on the sociocultural benefits of participation in physical activities. We will end with a short quiz to gauge what you have learned.
5. How Fitness Promotes Healthy Competition & Achievement
In this lesson we review ways fitness promotes both achievement and healthy competition. We also discuss some of the other positive benefits of fitness and elaborate on healthy alternatives to risky behaviors.
6. How Culture Influences Social Perceptions & Expectations
A large portion of our children's lives are spent consumed with media images. In some cases, the impressions that children develop about what is normal may be skewed by media sources. Let's look at the impact media has on our children.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Physical Education (NT506): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Phys Ed: Growth & Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Wellness & Activity
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Skeletal System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Muscular System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Circulatory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Respiratory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Nervous System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Digestive System
- AEPA Phys Ed: Physical Activity & the Body
- AEPA Phys Ed: Motor Development & Learning
- AEPA Phys Ed: Movement Concepts & Biomechanics
- AEPA Phys Ed: Sports & Recreational Activities
- AEPA Phys Ed: Exercise & Body Composition
- AEPA Phys Ed: Weight Management
- AEPA Phys Ed: Supporting Student Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Organizing & Evaluating Phys Ed Programs
- AEPA Phys Ed: Maintaining a Safe Environment
- AEPA Physical Education Flashcards