About This Chapter
AEPA Physical Education: The Digestive System - Chapter Summary
The growth and motor development section of the AEPA Physical Education exam may include questions about the different systems in the human body, including the digestive system. Review the lessons in this chapter to refresh your knowledge of:
- Common digestive problems
- Functions of the lower and upper gastrointestinal tracts
- Physiological processes of the digestive system
The lessons include videos with fun graphics, text lessons with easy-to-identify vocabulary words and multiple-choice quizzes. If the quiz results show that you need more review, you can use the links or video tags to go directly to the topic(s) that need an extra look.
1. Gastrointestinal Health & Digestive Problems
In this lesson, you will learn about digestive health, your gastrointestinal tract and what you can do to keep it healthy. You will also learn about symptoms of common digestive problems.
2. Digestive System I: The Upper Gastrointestinal Tract
Did you know that there are digestive enzymes in your saliva? It's true. As soon as you put a piece of food in your mouth, the digestive process begins. Join us with this first of two lessons about the human digestive system, where we'll follow food through the upper gastrointestinal tract from the mouth through the stomach.
3. Digestive System II: The Lower Gastrointestinal Tract
The lower gastrointestinal tract is the part of the digestive system that is responsible for the last part of food digestion and the expulsion of waste from the body. In this lesson, we'll look at each part of the system and what functions each serves in the process of digestion.
4. The Digestive System: Functions & Physiological Processes
In this lesson, we explore the functions and processes of the digestive system, where the food we eat is broken down and turned into the energy we use to do virtually everything else. A short quiz follows.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Physical Education (NT506): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Phys Ed: Growth & Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Wellness & Activity
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Skeletal System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Muscular System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Circulatory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Respiratory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Nervous System
- AEPA Phys Ed: Physical Activity & the Body
- AEPA Phys Ed: Motor Development & Learning
- AEPA Phys Ed: Movement Concepts & Biomechanics
- AEPA Phys Ed: Sports & Recreational Activities
- AEPA Phys Ed: Exercise & Body Composition
- AEPA Phys Ed: Weight Management
- AEPA Phys Ed: Responsible Personal & Social Behaviors
- AEPA Phys Ed: Supporting Student Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Organizing & Evaluating Phys Ed Programs
- AEPA Phys Ed: Maintaining a Safe Environment
- AEPA Physical Education Flashcards