About This Chapter
AEPA Phys. Ed: The Respiratory System - Chapter Summary
These lessons present information about the respiratory system in the human body to ensure you are capable of answering any associated questions on the AEPA Physical Education exam. Some of the topics you will be able to study include:
- How oxygen is transferred throughout the body
- Changes in the respiratory system as the body grows older
- Structure and function of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory system
You can study these lessons whenever and wherever is convenient for you, as they are mobile device compatible. As you study each video, you can also use the timeline to advance to whatever specific topic you would like.
1. Gas Exchange in the Human Respiratory System
Did you know that the average human lung has a respiratory surface area that is roughly the same size as half of a tennis court? Believe it or not, that's how much surface area an active, healthy human needs to ensure that the body gets plenty of oxygen.
2. Gross Anatomy of the Airway and Lungs: Conducting & Respiratory Zones
The respiratory system includes the lungs as well as other organs that help to get oxygen into the blood and carbon dioxide out of the blood. The conducting zone of the respiratory system carries oxygen into the lungs and carbon dioxide out of the lungs. The respiratory zone is where oxygen and carbon dioxide move into and out of the blood.
3. Structural & Functional Changes of the Respiratory System Due to Age
In this lesson, we explore the changes due to age in the respiratory system. Furthermore, we will look at infections and subsequent effects due to the infection of the respiratory system.
4. Respiratory System: Function & Physiology
The human respiratory system is a crucial facet of a vital, healthy body. In this lesson, we will explore its function and physiology. At the end, you can test your knowledge with a brief quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Physical Education (NT506): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Phys Ed: Growth & Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Wellness & Activity
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Skeletal System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Muscular System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Circulatory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Nervous System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Digestive System
- AEPA Phys Ed: Physical Activity & the Body
- AEPA Phys Ed: Motor Development & Learning
- AEPA Phys Ed: Movement Concepts & Biomechanics
- AEPA Phys Ed: Sports & Recreational Activities
- AEPA Phys Ed: Exercise & Body Composition
- AEPA Phys Ed: Weight Management
- AEPA Phys Ed: Responsible Personal & Social Behaviors
- AEPA Phys Ed: Supporting Student Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Organizing & Evaluating Phys Ed Programs
- AEPA Phys Ed: Maintaining a Safe Environment
- AEPA Physical Education Flashcards