About This Chapter
AEPA Physical Education: Wellness and Activity - Chapter Summary
This chapter can help you study topics related to wellness and activity that you may be questioned on within the lifelong physical fitness section of the AEPA Physical Education test. Specifically, you can use this chapter to review the following topics:
- Changes in physical activity patterns throughout the lifespan
- Differences between health and wellness
- Dimension of wellness
- Ways to maintain wellness throughout the lifespan
- Effects of physical activity and inactivity on the body systems
Watch the engaging videos to review these physical education topics, then use the corresponding multiple-choice quizzes to test your understanding. You can use the links in the quiz results to easily go back to any part of the lessons that you may need to review further. If you have any questions after finishing this chapter, feel free to send a question to our instructors.
1. How Physical Activity Changes Throughout Life
The amount and type of physical activity that people engage in changes throughout life. In this lesson, we'll explore how physical activity changes throughout the different life stages, from infancy to late adulthood.
2. Health & Wellness: Definition and Dimensions
It's important to be happy and healthy! This lesson will contrast between health and wellness as well as what the different dimension of wellness are and how they interact.
3. Maintaining Wellness Throughout the Lifespan
What does it mean to be well? How can we maintain wellness throughout the lifespan? This lesson will discuss wellness and will introduce different ways to maintain it throughout the lifespan.
4. Effects of Physical Activity on Body Systems
In this lesson we'll discuss the effects, both short-term and long-term, of physical activity on each of the major systems of the human body. In addition, we'll discuss both the positive and negative effects of exercise.
5. How Inactivity Affects Human Body Systems
Physical inactivity affects you inside and out from head to toe. This lesson discusses how a lack of exercise can lead to a variety of physical disorders in many of your body systems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Physical Education (NT506): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Phys Ed: Growth & Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Skeletal System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Muscular System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Circulatory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Respiratory System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Nervous System
- AEPA Phys Ed: The Digestive System
- AEPA Phys Ed: Physical Activity & the Body
- AEPA Phys Ed: Motor Development & Learning
- AEPA Phys Ed: Movement Concepts & Biomechanics
- AEPA Phys Ed: Sports & Recreational Activities
- AEPA Phys Ed: Exercise & Body Composition
- AEPA Phys Ed: Weight Management
- AEPA Phys Ed: Responsible Personal & Social Behaviors
- AEPA Phys Ed: Supporting Student Development
- AEPA Phys Ed: Organizing & Evaluating Phys Ed Programs
- AEPA Phys Ed: Maintaining a Safe Environment
- AEPA Physical Education Flashcards