About This Chapter
AEPA Reading K-8: Using Data to Drive Instruction - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter's resources to review ways that assessment data can be used to inform instruction strategies and methods. The lessons in this chapter will give you the information you need to be ready for these types of questions on the AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 exam. Lesson topics include the following:
- Informing instruction with data
- Differentiated instruction examples and activities
- Adapting the learning environment with differentiated instruction
- Bloom's taxonomy and learning assessments
These text and video lessons will get you up to speed in next to no time! Our instructors explain concepts in a way that is easy to understand, using plenty of real-world examples. Test your understanding of lesson topics with self-assessment quizzes and a chapter exam.
AEPA Reading K-8: Using Data to Drive Instruction Objectives
The AEPA Reading K-8 exam is part of the certification process for elementary and middle school reading teachers in the state of Arizona. The exam lasts three and a half hours and consists of 100 selected-answer questions and one written response item.
These chapter resources correspond to some of the objectives in the Literacy Assessment in Grades K-8 subarea of the exam. This exam section makes up about 14% of the total test. You'll be evaluated on your ability to use assessment data to plan differentiated instruction and interventions for a variety of literacy development areas.
1. Using Data to Inform Instruction
This lesson highlights how data is used to improve student achievement through instruction, assessment, analysis, and re-teaching. A short quiz will follow to test your knowledge.
2. What Is Differentiated Instruction? - Examples, Definition & Activities
This lesson explores the concept of differentiated instruction and how this approach to teaching takes into account the differences between learners and modifies instruction to meet the needs of all students. After completing the lesson, take the short quiz that follows.
3. Differentiated Instruction: Adapting the Learning Environment for Students
Differentiated instruction is a great strategy that teachers use to accommodate a wide variety of learning needs. In this lesson, we discuss differentiated instruction and identify which aspects of the classroom can be differentiated.
4. Bloom's Taxonomy and Assessments
Bloom's Taxonomy is a popular and extremely helpful tool that is used by most teachers. In this lesson, we'll discuss the original and revised Bloom's Taxonomy as well as how to use it in the classroom to assess learning and cognitive ability.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 (AZ046): Practice & Study Guide course
- AEPA Reading K-8: Language Development
- AEPA Reading K-8: Teaching Students with Special Needs
- AEPA Reading K-8: Cognitive Foundations of Literacy
- AEPA Reading K-8: Sociocultural Influences on Literacy
- AEPA Reading K-8: Theoretical Models of Reading
- AEPA Reading K-8: Assessment Methods
- AEPA Reading K-8: Purpose of Assessments
- AEPA Reading K-8: Phonemic Development
- AEPA Reading K-8: Appropriate Literacy Intervention
- AEPA Reading K-8: Effective Literacy Instruction
- AEPA Reading K-8: Teaching Vocabulary & Literacy
- AEPA Reading K-8: Improving Fluency
- AEPA Reading K-8: Leadership in Reading & Literacy
- AEPA Reading K-8: Phonemic & Spelling Awareness
- AEPA Reading K-8: Effective Writing
- AEPA Reading K-8: Comprehension of Content Area Texts
- AEPA Reading K-8: Reading, Writing & Critical Thinking
- AEPA Reading K-8: Types of Texts
- AEPA Reading Endorsement K-8 Flashcards