About This Chapter
Aerobic Exercise Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
Explore a variety of teacher resources you can access 24/7 using any computer or mobile device to develop or improve your existing aerobic exercise curriculum. Simplify the lesson planning process and create fun and engaging lessons for your students by taking advantage of learning objectives, curriculum standards, homework suggestions and other resources. Topics covered in this chapter include:
- Cardio fitness and exercise
- Aerobic fitness, exercise and endurance
- Jump rope and skipping
- Power walking
- Step aerobics
Feel free to select the teacher resources in this chapter that cover topics you want to incorporate in your lessons. In addition to lesson plans, benefit from companion aerobic exercise lessons and multiple-choice quizzes you can share in the classroom to enhance your instruction.
How It Helps
- Suggested materials: Provides suggestions for tools and materials you can use to create entertaining classroom lessons.
- Instructional guidance: Offers detailed instructional tips and strategies in each lesson plan for teaching your students different aerobic exercise concepts.
- Activity or game ideas: Shares ideas for games or activities you can use to encourage class participation and improve student engagement.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning aerobic exercise lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific aerobic exercise topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your physical education class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related aerobic exercise lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important aerobic exercise concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant aerobic exercise-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Cardio Fitness Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to teach your students about cardio exercise and its importance. Students will read a text lesson explaining what cardio exercise is, and will learn how to make it a part of daily life. Use the questions, activity, and quiz to make learning stick.
2. The Benefits of Incorporating Daily Cardio Exercise
In this lesson we will describe some of the health benefits of regular cardio exercise and offer a few suggestions for how to include it in daily activities.
3. Aerobic Fitness Lesson Plan
Teach your students about aerobic fitness with this lesson plan. Students will start off watching a video defining aerobic fitness and giving examples and benefits, then learn how to develop aerobic endurance with a text lesson. Questions, activities and a quiz help learning stick.
4. What Is Aerobic Exercise? - Definition, Benefits & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn about the characteristics of aerobic exercise and its many health benefits. You will also read about examples of different types of aerobic workouts.
5. Developing Aerobic Endurance
What is aerobic endurance, and how do you increase this metric that is beneficial for so many sports? This lesson describes its basic principles and outlines how to develop skills and ensure safety while practicing.
6. Power Walking Lesson Plan
Students will learn about a popular exercise, power walking, in this lesson plan. They will watch a video, answer discussion prompts and complete a power walking exercise.
7. Step Aerobics Lesson Plan
Get the energy flowing with this interactive lesson on step aerobics. Students will learn about the components of step aerobics through active participation, then design and teach a step aerobics routine to classmates.
8. Jump Rope Lesson Plan Physical Education
In this lesson plan, students will learn the basics of jumping rope including how to jump correctly, safety precautions, and why it is a great option for exercise. Students will also learn the benefits of taking their heart-rate while exercising.
9. Skipping Lesson Plan for Physical Education
In this lesson plan, students will learn how to skip. After observing a visual model and describing how to skip, they will build their way up to be able to skip independently. The lesson plan closes with students evaluating one another's skipping.
10. Shotokan Karate Lesson Plan
Karate is a general term for the ancient martial arts. This lesson plan focuses on the Shotokan style of karate. A text lesson and activity highlight key elements of this type of self-defense.
11. Shotokan Karate: Origin & Techniques
Shotokan karate is a type of karate founded by Gichin Funakoshi, a Japanese martial arts master who was born in Okinawa in 1868. This lesson is about Shotokan karate, its origin, and its philosophy and techniques.
12. Taekwondo Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan, your students are going to learn about how taekwondo encourages physical and emotional discipline. Your students will practice several, very basic taekwondo stances and moves, but will not engage in any sparring.
13. Taekwondo: Definition & Types
What are the different types of taekwondo? How can taekwondo be used for exercise? If you want to learn the answers to these questions and much more, then just sit back, relax, and continue reading!
14. Kickboxing Lesson Plan
Educate your students about kickboxing with this helpful lesson plan. They will study a text lesson about kickboxing, take a related lesson quiz, and take part in a kickboxing-type class.
15. What is Kickboxing? - Definition & Benefits
In this lesson, we'll be exploring the exciting sport of kickboxing. Here, we'll learn about the origins of this aerobic workout and benefits for both the body and brain.
16. Boxing Lesson Plan
Boxing is a popular exercise program, and in this lesson, students will learn about the history of boxing and the rules. They will read a lesson, answer discussion questions, complete an activity and take a quiz.
17. What is Boxing? - Definition & Rules
Boxing is well known sport throughout the world that has become a very popular fitness trend for people who want to lose weight or get in shape. This lesson will education the reader on the definition and rules of the sport of boxing.
18. Judo Lesson Plan
Teach your students about the sport of judo with this helpful lesson plan. They will study a text lesson about judo, take a related lesson quiz, and see judo techniques.
19. What is Judo? - Definition & Rules
Judo is a martial art that evolved from the Japanese martial art of jujutsu. Its style is based upon using the force of the opponent against him. This lesson is about judo, its definition, and the rules of the art.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.