About This Chapter
AFOQT: Figures & Polygons - Chapter Summary
Work your way through this chapter to discover characteristics of congruent figures and 3-dimensional figures for the AFOQT exam. After finishing this chapter, you should also be able to answer questions on the exam about:
- Definition and examples of polygons
- Definition and shape of nonagon
- Decagon characteristics
Instructors show you what different shapes look like in this chapter, getting you ready for figure and polygon questions on the AFOQT exam. If you have trouble with a topic discussed in this chapter, the instructors are available to answer any questions you might have. After working through this chapter, use the quizzes to see what information you retained.
1. What Are Congruent Figures? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what congruent figures are. You'll also see a few examples of congruent and non-congruent figures. Then, test your knowledge with a brief quiz.
2. Nets of 3-Dimensional Figures
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to deconstruct a 3-dimensional figure into its 2-dimensional net. Learn what kind of shape you will get after opening and flattening your 3-dimensional figure.
3. What is a Polygon? - Definition, Shapes & Angles
Polygons are everywhere! In this lesson, you will learn what they are and what they look like. You will also learn about a special class of polygons and how to find its angles.
4. Heptagon: Definition, Shapes & Examples
In this lesson, you'll review the definition of polygons, and you'll learn what makes heptagons unique. You'll also distinguish between regular and irregular heptagons.
5. Octagon in Geometry: Definition, Properties & Formula
Octagons appear in real life in all sorts of places: architecture, engineering, and even nature. In this lesson, explore the properties of an octagon, learn how to find the area of a regular octagon and review what you've learned with a short quiz.
6. Nonagon: Definition & Shape
In this lesson, we are going to learn about regular and irregular nonagons. We will also look at some examples of each and discuss the properties that apply to nonagons.
7. Decagon: Definition & Shape
In this lesson, we'll discuss the different types of decagons, such as regular and irregular, convex and concave, and simple and complex. Then, you can test your knowledge with a brief quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AFOQT: Practice & Study Guide course
- AFOQT: Word Comprehension
- AFOQT: Analogies
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Comprehension
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Equations
- AFOQT: Factoring
- AFOQT: Exponents & Roots
- AFOQT: Word Problems
- AFOQT: Algebraic Expressions
- AFOQT: Graphs, Linear Equations & Parabolas
- AFOQT: Quadratic Equations
- AFOQT: Polynomials, Functions & Rational Expressions
- AFOQT: Principles of Geometry
- AFOQT: Lines & Angles
- AFOQT: Circles & Triangles
- AFOQT: Rectangles & Solids
- AFOQT: Three-dimensional Blocks
- AFOQT: Object Visualization & Manipulation
- AFOQT: Table Knowledge
- AFOQT: Instrument Knowledge
- AFOQT: Aviation
- AFOQT: The Metric System & Scientific Notation
- AFOQT: Atoms & Matter
- AFOQT: Thermodynamics & Electricity
- AFOQT: Magnetism
- AFOQT: Earth Science
- AFOQT: Biomolecules & Cells
- AFOQT: Human Anatomy
- AFOQT: Personality Traits & Attitudes
- AFOQT Flashcards