About This Chapter
AFOQT: Object Visualization & Manipulation - Chapter Summary
The content within this study guide will help enrich your understanding of object visualization and manipulation as it is assessed by the AFOQT. Specific topics covered include:
- Visual intelligence
- Solving visualizing geometry problems
- Visualizing and manipulating objects
Each concept is thoroughly discussed through the lessons in this chapter. As you complete the lessons, you will have the opportunity to evaluate whether you are retaining important information by using the interactive quizzes. The videos in the lessons also have interactive timelines, which allow you to find and re-watch any content that you did not master initially.
1. Visual Intelligence: Definition & Explanation
What do Pablo Picasso, Donatella Versace, and Louis Braille all have in common? They all have visual intelligence. Learn more about visual intelligence from examples and test your knowledge with a quiz.
2. How to Solve Visualizing Geometry Problems
A picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes drawing that picture can be like doing origami with your eyes closed. Practice translating complex problems into simple, meaningful images in this lesson.
3. How to Visualize & Manipulate Objects
One very useful skill to have when it comes to math problem solving is that of being able to visualize and manipulate objects in your mind. Learn how you can do this in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AFOQT: Practice & Study Guide course
- AFOQT: Word Comprehension
- AFOQT: Analogies
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Comprehension
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Equations
- AFOQT: Factoring
- AFOQT: Exponents & Roots
- AFOQT: Word Problems
- AFOQT: Algebraic Expressions
- AFOQT: Graphs, Linear Equations & Parabolas
- AFOQT: Quadratic Equations
- AFOQT: Polynomials, Functions & Rational Expressions
- AFOQT: Principles of Geometry
- AFOQT: Lines & Angles
- AFOQT: Circles & Triangles
- AFOQT: Rectangles & Solids
- AFOQT: Figures & Polygons
- AFOQT: Three-dimensional Blocks
- AFOQT: Table Knowledge
- AFOQT: Instrument Knowledge
- AFOQT: Aviation
- AFOQT: The Metric System & Scientific Notation
- AFOQT: Atoms & Matter
- AFOQT: Thermodynamics & Electricity
- AFOQT: Magnetism
- AFOQT: Earth Science
- AFOQT: Biomolecules & Cells
- AFOQT: Human Anatomy
- AFOQT: Personality Traits & Attitudes
- AFOQT Flashcards