About This Chapter
AFOQT: Personality Traits & Attitudes - Chapter Summary
Every individual has a unique combination of character traits and attitudes that form their own distinctive personality. Review the information outlined in the lessons of this study guide chapter to better understand and define personality traits and attitudes. This information will prepare you for these types of questions on the AFOQT by helping you determine your own traits and attitudes. Topics discussed in these lessons include:
- Introduction to personality assessment
- Five common personality traits
- Overview of the key characteristics of social, artistic and conventional personality types
- Formation of attitudes and their affects on behavior
The insightful and engaging video lessons in this chapter guide you through the essential components that define personality traits and attitude types to aid in your preparation for the Self Description Inventory section of the AFOQT. To ensure your full comprehension of the material reviewed in these lessons, be sure to take the brief lesson quizzes and chapter exam. These assessments will help you identify any areas you may need to re-examine, which is conveniently done by using links within the quizzes that redirect you back to specific topics within the lessons.
1. Intro to Personality
You put two people in the same situation and, odds are, they'll react in a range of different ways. Some people might even react in a completely unexpected or extreme way. Why is this? Read this lesson for insight into personality types and what makes people tick the way they do.
2. What Are Personality Traits? - Characteristics, Definition & Five Big Traits
In this lesson, you will learn about personality traits, including the most widely accepted model of classifying personality traits, the Big Five factors. Following the lesson, you will have the opportunity to test your knowledge with a short quiz.
3. Social Personality Type: Traits & Overview
In this lesson, you will learn about the personality trait referred to as social. You will learn to define the social personality trait as well as learn about how it relates to work. Following this lesson, you will have the opportunity to test your knowledge with a short quiz.
4. Artistic Personality Type: Traits & Common Careers
In this lesson, you will learn about the artistic personality trait and how it relates to long-term career success. Following this lesson you will have the opportunity to test your knowledge by taking a short quiz.
5. Conventional Personality Type
In this lesson you will learn about the Conventional personality trait. You will learn what characteristics define this personality type as well as how it relates to vocational decisions. Following this lesson you will have the opportunity to test your knowledge with a short quiz.
6. Attitudes: Components, Formation & Measurement
Have you ever wondered how your attitudes are formed and how they affect your behavior? In this lesson, we'll take a look at some of the internal and external factors that form our attitudes and how our behavior can be affected or changed by various influences.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AFOQT: Practice & Study Guide course
- AFOQT: Word Comprehension
- AFOQT: Analogies
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Comprehension
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Equations
- AFOQT: Factoring
- AFOQT: Exponents & Roots
- AFOQT: Word Problems
- AFOQT: Algebraic Expressions
- AFOQT: Graphs, Linear Equations & Parabolas
- AFOQT: Quadratic Equations
- AFOQT: Polynomials, Functions & Rational Expressions
- AFOQT: Principles of Geometry
- AFOQT: Lines & Angles
- AFOQT: Circles & Triangles
- AFOQT: Rectangles & Solids
- AFOQT: Figures & Polygons
- AFOQT: Three-dimensional Blocks
- AFOQT: Object Visualization & Manipulation
- AFOQT: Table Knowledge
- AFOQT: Instrument Knowledge
- AFOQT: Aviation
- AFOQT: The Metric System & Scientific Notation
- AFOQT: Atoms & Matter
- AFOQT: Thermodynamics & Electricity
- AFOQT: Magnetism
- AFOQT: Earth Science
- AFOQT: Biomolecules & Cells
- AFOQT: Human Anatomy
- AFOQT Flashcards