About This Chapter
AFOQT: Table Knowledge - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides you with the opportunity to prepare to answer questions regarding tables and graphs on the AFOQT. Here, you can take short multiple-choice quizzes after viewing 5-10 minute videos or reading text lessons. The subjects covered by this chapter include:
- The X- and Y-axis
- Steps for determining the intercepts of a line
- Ways to utilize tables and graphs in real life
Do not worry if you miss any quiz questions because you can retake the quizzes as many times as you need. You can also view the parts of the videos that explain the correct answers through a direct link in the quiz answers. After completing the quizzes, you can take the chapter exam to see how much information you have retained.
1. X-Axis: Definition & Overview
In this lesson, you'll learn about the x-axis. How does it relate to a number line? What does it mean if a point falls right on the x-axis? Find out why the x-axis is important in graphing two or more dimensions.
2. Y-Axis: Definition & Overview
The y-axis is the vertical 'ruler' on a Cartesian plane, a two-dimensional graph. Learn why it is important in mathematical graphing and how it relates to describing vertical and horizontal distances.
3. How to Find and Apply the Intercepts of a Line
How can you take an equation of a line and find out where it will cross the x- or y-axis? In this lesson, we'll define x-intercepts and y-intercepts and learn how to find them.
4. Using Tables and Graphs in the Real World
We use tables and graphs in algebra as ways to visually show an equation or function. But do we really use these in the real world? Is it that important to learn about tables and graphs? Find out in this video lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AFOQT: Practice & Study Guide course
- AFOQT: Word Comprehension
- AFOQT: Analogies
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Comprehension
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Equations
- AFOQT: Factoring
- AFOQT: Exponents & Roots
- AFOQT: Word Problems
- AFOQT: Algebraic Expressions
- AFOQT: Graphs, Linear Equations & Parabolas
- AFOQT: Quadratic Equations
- AFOQT: Polynomials, Functions & Rational Expressions
- AFOQT: Principles of Geometry
- AFOQT: Lines & Angles
- AFOQT: Circles & Triangles
- AFOQT: Rectangles & Solids
- AFOQT: Figures & Polygons
- AFOQT: Three-dimensional Blocks
- AFOQT: Object Visualization & Manipulation
- AFOQT: Instrument Knowledge
- AFOQT: Aviation
- AFOQT: The Metric System & Scientific Notation
- AFOQT: Atoms & Matter
- AFOQT: Thermodynamics & Electricity
- AFOQT: Magnetism
- AFOQT: Earth Science
- AFOQT: Biomolecules & Cells
- AFOQT: Human Anatomy
- AFOQT: Personality Traits & Attitudes
- AFOQT Flashcards