About This Chapter
AFOQT: Three-dimensional Blocks - Chapter Summary
This chapter includes text lessons and video lessons related to working with three-dimensional blocks, such as ways to determine the surface area of a cube. Because our lessons are thorough and engaging, you will be able to quickly revive your memory of the subjects needed to answer questions about three-dimensional blocks on the AFOQT exam. Short and enriching quizzes provide you with the perfect opportunities to see what you know. Additional subjects included in this chapter are here:
- Summary of geometric three-dimensional shapes
- Definition of surface area and lateral surface area
- Formula of a cubic foot
You can always take the quizzes on the road with you by printing our the worksheets. If you miss some of the quizzes questions, the answers can be reviewed within the videos. View the lesson transcripts for key terms.
1. Overview of Three-dimensional Shapes in Geometry
We are surrounded by three-dimensional shapes. Watch this video lesson to see what some three-dimensional shapes look like, such as a cube, a sphere, a brick, and a cylinder.
2. What is Surface Area? - Definition & Formulas
In this lesson, you use general and specific formulas to learn how to find the surface area of three-dimensional shapes, such as cubes, prisms, spheres, cones and cylinders.
3. Lateral Surface Area: Definition & Formula
In this lesson, you will learn the definition of the lateral surface area of a three-dimensional object. You will apply lateral surface area formulas for some three-dimensional shapes to see how to find the lateral surface area of various objects.
4. What is a Cubic Foot? - Definition & Formula
In this lesson, you'll go through three dimensions to learn what a cubic foot is. You'll also discover the formula for the volume of a cube and try it out with a few examples. Then, you can test your knowledge with a brief quiz.
5. How to Find the Surface Area of a Cube
In this lesson, we'll look at what makes cubes unique among three-dimensional shapes, and we'll put that uniqueness to use in finding an easy way to find the surface area of cubes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AFOQT: Practice & Study Guide course
- AFOQT: Word Comprehension
- AFOQT: Analogies
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Comprehension
- AFOQT: Arithmetic Equations
- AFOQT: Factoring
- AFOQT: Exponents & Roots
- AFOQT: Word Problems
- AFOQT: Algebraic Expressions
- AFOQT: Graphs, Linear Equations & Parabolas
- AFOQT: Quadratic Equations
- AFOQT: Polynomials, Functions & Rational Expressions
- AFOQT: Principles of Geometry
- AFOQT: Lines & Angles
- AFOQT: Circles & Triangles
- AFOQT: Rectangles & Solids
- AFOQT: Figures & Polygons
- AFOQT: Object Visualization & Manipulation
- AFOQT: Table Knowledge
- AFOQT: Instrument Knowledge
- AFOQT: Aviation
- AFOQT: The Metric System & Scientific Notation
- AFOQT: Atoms & Matter
- AFOQT: Thermodynamics & Electricity
- AFOQT: Magnetism
- AFOQT: Earth Science
- AFOQT: Biomolecules & Cells
- AFOQT: Human Anatomy
- AFOQT: Personality Traits & Attitudes
- AFOQT Flashcards