About This Chapter
Agile Development in Software Engineering - Chapter Summary
Feel confident in your knowledge of Agile development by exploring this chapter's fun lessons. You can build a comprehensive understanding of Agile methodology, Extreme Programming, Agile process models and more! Study the lessons at the pace that works for you, and take the accompanying quizzes to find out how well you grasp the material. If you develop questions along the way, feel free to submit them to our subject-matter experts via the dashboard. Our chapter exam can ensure you fully comprehend all the lessons. After finishing this chapter, you will have the ability to do the following:
- Detail the steps of Agile methodology
- Define Agile software development
- Outline the process and life cycle of Agile software development
- Share examples of Extreme Programming
- Explain the process of Scrum models in systems engineering
- Give the definition and examples of Agile process models
- Develop a process that uses a Scrum model
1. What is Agile Methodology? - Overview, Definition & Steps
Agile is a mindset or methodology that attempts to apply the values and principles found in the Agile Manifesto. Although initially written for software development, it has successfully been applied across many other industries.
2. What is Agile Software Development? - Definition & Methodology
Software development projects are becoming more prominent, but are not well-suited for traditional project methodologies. Agile provides an alternative to traditional methodologies. Learn the definition and methodology of Agile software development in this lesson.
3. Agile Software Development: Process & Life Cycle
This lesson discusses the Agile framework for software development, shares a few of the most common methodologies, then looks at the life cycle of a typical Agile process.
4. Extreme Programming (XP): Definition & Examples
Software fills a very important role in modern life, and needs to be developed using extremely effective methods and processes. One of these methods is extreme programming (XP), and this is the subject of our lesson and examples.
5. Scrum Models in Systems Engineering: Process & Examples
Have you ever wondered how actual software projects are developed and brought to life? This lesson will describe a framework called Scrum, which is one of the most popular frameworks for rapid product development.
6. Agile Process Models: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll take a look at other Agile Methods like Dynamic Systems Development, Lean Software Development, and Agile Modeling. Once done, you should have a good understanding of these alternate Agile Methods.
7. Practical Application for Software Engineering: Scrum
Software development and engineering is an excellent project to manage using agile and scrum methodologies. This is what an application of Scrum looks like in a practical setting.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 307: Software Engineering course
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Process Models in Software Engineering
- Development & Testing Methods in Software Engineering
- Software Requirements & System Models
- Software Requirements Engineering
- Software Design & Software Reuse
- Software Architectural Design
- Component-Level Design in Software Engineering
- User Interface Design in Software Engineering
- Software Verification & Validation
- Software Management
- Emerging Technologies in Software Engineering
- Required Assignments for Computer Science 307: Software Engineering