About This Chapter
Agile & Scrum Project Management - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter explain how agile and scrum techniques and tools are used for project management. Instructors explain the benefits of agile and scrum methodologies through lessons on the following topics:
- The tools used in agile project management
- Methods for scrum project management
- The differences between a scrum master and a project manager
- The impact of the scrum approach to projects
- Agile DSDM project management
- Lean project management methodology and principles
These lessons can give your employees a thorough introduction of how projects are managed through the agile and scrum methods. The format of this chapter is designed to maximize your time and enhance your study experience. Lesson quizzes ensure that your employees are understanding and retaining the material in this chapter.
How It Helps
- Increases knowledge: The lessons in this chapter can help your employees understand the framework behind and benefits of agile and scrum project management.
- Encourages different techniques: When your employees work through the lessons in this chapter, they can learn about multiple project management techniques, such as lean project management, and be able to choose the process that will work best for them.
- Distinguish differences: Your employees will be able to detail the differences between a project manager and a scrum master.
By the end of this chapter, employees will be able to:
- Recognize the tools that are used for agile and scrum project management
- Understand what the scrum approach is all about
- Define the differences between a traditional project manager and a scrum master
- Summarize the methods behind lean project management
- Outline the details of agile DSDM project management
1. Agile Project Management: Tools & Framework
In this lesson, you will learn the tools and frameworks that are used in Agile project management. The lesson provides a definition of Agile project management and an overview of the various frameworks that it encompasses.
2. Scrum Project Management: Framework & Tools
Scrum is one of the most popular Agile project management frameworks. Read about the key pillars and values behind Scrum and explore Scrum events and artifacts to learn how they contribute to the completion of a successful project.
3. Implementing Scrum Management
Scrum management is a methodology designed to deliver software products faster and with a higher level of quality. This lesson will provide a guideline for implementing the Scrum methodology.
4. Impediments in Scrum Project Management
Impediments that delay the completion of project work are a significant issue. In Scrum, which focuses on producing tangible results in shorter intervals, impediments have even more of an impact. Learn about impediments in Scrum project management.
5. What is a ScrumMaster? - Role & Training
We will learn the role the Scrum master plays on a Scrum team and how valuable they are to the success of the team. We'll also discuss some of the training that a Scrum Master might have had to prepare for the role.
6. Scrum Product Owner: Role & Responsibilities
Projects need a clear vision and a firm decision-maker to communicate that vision. In Scrum, the product owner casts the vision for the project. Learn the responsibilities and understand the product owner role.
7. ScrumMaster vs Product Owner
The Agile process is driven by the roles within the project team. In addition to the development team, the unique roles of Scrum Master and Product Owner make the Agile process distinct and effective. Learn about the roles of Scrum Master and Product Owner.
8. Product Owner vs Product Manager
When different project approaches are analyzed, different roles are often compared. Between Agile and traditional methodologies, the roles of Product Owner and product manager are often linked. Learn the similarities and differences between them.
9. ScrumMaster vs. Project Manager
The lesson defines the role of ScrumMaster and project manager and focuses on the differences between the two roles in the project management industry.
10. The Scrum Approach to Project Execution
Traditional project methodologies use a standard process for various project teams and outputs. Scrum uses some of the same aspects but emphasizes flexibility, adapting the process to the team and outputs. In this lesson, learn about the Scrum approach to project execution.
11. Principles of Lean Agile Project Management
When planning a product development, wouldn't it be nice to know you were cutting out unnecessary meetings and minimizing the need to rework the plans later down the line? In this lesson, you will learn about lean agile project management and its seven principles.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Agile & Scrum Training course