About This Chapter
Alabama Real Estate Licensure - Chapter Summary
In this in-depth chapter, you can study all of the rules and regulations that apply to Alabama real estate licenses, including the process necessary to apply for such licensure, the issuance of the license, and the necessary continuing education to maintain the license. You'll also review broker status and reactivation procedures, as well as the termination of qualifying broker status in the state of Alabama. By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain the rules and regulations of Alabama real estate license law
- List the requirements for obtaining an Alabama real estate license
- Understand the application process for an AL real estate license
- Explain the process of broker and salesperson license renewal
- Understand company and branch licensure in Alabama real estate
- Explain continuing education requirements and exemptions
The lessons, worksheets and self-check quizzes have been created by professional instructors specifically to help you learn about the licensure process and to help you prepare for an exam. Each lesson was written with convenience in mind, bringing together simple definitions and clear explanations. Your learning progress is tracked on your Dashboard as you complete each lesson.
1. Alabama Real Estate License Law: Rules & Regulations
Learn what license law is, what it applies to, and how it affects you before and after you get your real estate license. Then, understand what a co-brokerage is and how a broker becomes a co-broker.
2. License Requirements for Alabama Real Estate
Before you get your permanent real estate license, there are several requirements you must meet. Learn what general and educational requirements exist for real estate agents in Alabama.
3. Alabama Real Estate License Application Process
Getting your Alabama real estate license requires specific tasks you must complete to become a real estate agent. Learn about what steps will help you get your license.
4. Issuance of Alabama Real Estate Broker Licenses
Learn the benefits of having a broker's real estate license. Get a better understanding of what you must do to get your real estate broker's license in Alabama.
5. Alabama Real Estate: Salesperson & Broker License Renewal
Now that you have your real estate license, learn what you need to do to keep your license active. This lesson explains the deadlines and requirements to renew your real estate license in Alabama.
6. Broker License Status & Reactivation for Alabama Real Estate
Brokers have a responsibility to keep their licenses active and work with their agents closely. Likewise, they also have a responsibility to help their agents manage their licenses appropriately.
7. Company & Branch Licensure in Alabama Real Estate
Opening your own real estate company and branch offices is a great way to grow your business. Learn how to set up licenses for your company and branch office, including managing renewals.
8. Alabama Real Estate: Continuing Education Requirements & Exemptions
Your strength as an agent is partly reliant on your ongoing education and training to refine and enhance your skills. Learn what classes you need to understand laws, risk management, and other topics relevant to your career.
9. Termination of Qualifying Broker Status in Alabama Real Estate
How do you cancel or terminate your status when you're a qualifying broker? Learn the basic situations that can happen and how those situations are handled with the Alabama Real Estate Commission.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam: Study Guide & Practice course
- Alabama Real Estate Law & Statutory Requirements
- Alabama Real Estate Violations & Disciplinary Actions
- Understanding Agency Relationships & Agreements in Real Estate
- Ethical Conduct & Professional Duties in Real Estate
- Fundamentals of Business Planning
- Human Resource Management for Real Estate
- Real Estate Licensee Training & Supervision
- Real Estate Sales Contracts for Buyers & Sellers
- Property Disclosures in Real Estate
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Overview of Real Estate Negotiation
- Fundamentals of Real Estate Financing
- Risk Management for Real Estate
- Advertising Laws in Real Estate
- Valuation of Real Property
- Overview of Property Management
- Commercial Real Estate
- New Construction Real Estate
- Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Flashcards