About This Chapter
Alaska Real Estate Laws - Chapter Summary
Real estate laws can be a very complicated topic. Luckily, we have experts on hand that have created easy-to-understand lessons for you. This chapter has been designed to help you learn about the some of the specific regulations required for real estate practice in Alaska. Some of the topics included are:
- Rules and requirements for real estate advertising
- The Alaska Landlord and Tenant Act
- Broker and salesperson relationships
- Condominiums and common-interest ownership
- Compensation and commissions
- Property disclosures
- Property management in Alaska
Each lesson is created with your busy lifestyle in mind. You can feel free to stop and start each lesson at your convenience. The short quizzes at the end of the lessons are entirely self-administered and will leave you with confidence that you have learned the material. If at any time you need help, our experts are always here to assist you.
1. Alaska Real Estate Advertising: Rules & Requirements
All real estate advertising in Alaska must be done in accordance with the rules and requirements set forth by the Alaska Real Estate Commission Regulations. This lesson examines those requirements.
2. Broker & Salesperson Relationships in Alaska
This lesson will cover some basics of the relationship between a real estate broker and a real estate salesperson. We will see the responsibility of the broker in reviewing transactions and employment and in displaying a license.
3. Real Estate Compensation & Commissions in Alaska
The Alaska Administrative Code, which provides the regulatory framework for Alaska's real estate industry, sets requirements that licensees must meet to be compensated for providing real estate services. This lesson will examine those requirements.
4. Real Estate Broker Disclosures in Alaska
This lesson will identify several types of disclosures required to be given by a real estate licensee in Alaska. We will look at a disclosure to the seller, a disclosure to the buyer, conflict of interest disclosure, compensation disclosure, and the consumer disclosure.
5. Rules for Handling Real Estate Documents in Alaska
This lesson will provide a brief overview of what it means for a real estate licensee in Alaska to handle real estate documents for customers and clients. We will look at the kinds of documents and requirements for keeping documents.
6. Rules for Handling Real Estate Client Funds in Alaska
This lesson will provide some insight concerning an Alaska real estate licensee's responsibilities when it comes to funds belonging to clients and customers. We will look at the licensee's duty to account and actions required by a licensee working for a community association or managing a property.
7. Real Estate Listings in Alaska: Rules & Requirements
This lesson provides a brief overview of a few rules and regulations regarding real estate listings in Alaska. You'll learn about types of listings, listing agreement content, and required disclosures.
8. Property Management in Alaska: Rules & Regulations
The Alaska Administrative Code has rules and regulations for real estate licensees who manage properties professionally. This lesson will examine those rules and regulations.
9. Prohibited Real Estate Licensee Conduct in Alaska
The Alaska Statutes, which are part of Alaska real estate's regulatory framework, designate certain behaviors by licensees as prohibited. This lesson examines those behaviors.
10. Required Real Estate Property Disclosures in Alaska
In this lesson we will take a look at two different disclosures required for real estate transactions in Alaska. We will look at the Transfer Disclosure Statement and the Lead Paint discourse required by federal law.
11. Common-Interest Ownership & Condominiums in Alaska: Definition & Rules
The purpose of this lesson is to define a common interest community and a condominium. Further, we will identify and describe rules governing common interest communities and condominiums in Alaska.
12. Alaska Landlord & Tenant Act: Definition & Overview
This lesson will provide a definition of the Landlord and Tenant Act as well as a look into its various aspects. Aspects covered in this lesson include rental agreements, landlord's responsibilities, tenant's responsibilities, and termination and evictions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Alaska Real Estate Broker Exam: Study Guide & Practice course
- Introduction to Real Property
- Public & Private Land-Use Control
- Estate Ownership, Rights & Interest
- Deeds & Property Transfers
- Property Titles
- Property Value & Appraisal
- Introduction to Real Estate Contracts
- Real Estate Agencies & Agency Relationships
- Listing Agreements & Property Management
- Fair Housing & Consumer Protection
- Risk Management in Real Estate
- Property Disclosures
- Introduction to Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Lender Requirements
- Federal Real Estate Financing Regulations
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Investments
- Real Estate Licensing in Alaska
- Alaska Real Estate Broker Rules