About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the Algebra Connections Problem Solving chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the problem solving topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- The parts of a graph
- How to plot points on coordinate planes
- How to read and interpret line graphs
- How to problem solve using the guess and check method
Algebra Connections is a registered trademark of the CPM Educational Program, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
2. Plotting Points on the Coordinate Plane
If you'll be working with a graph, otherwise known as the coordinate plane, it's essential to understand how it works. This includes learning the parts of a graph, identifying points and plotting points.
3. Reading and Interpreting Line Graphs
Watch this video lesson to find out how useful line graphs can be and how much information you can gain just from looking at one. Learn how you can apply that information in your own life to help you make better decisions.
4. Solving Problems With the Guess, Check & Revise Method
In this lesson, we will look at how to solve problems using the guess, check, and revise method in mathematics. Through examples, we will look at each step involved and see exactly how this process works.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra Connections: Online Textbook Help course
- Algebra Connections Chapter 2: Variables and Proportions
- Algebra Connections Chapter 3: Graphs and Equations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 4: Multiple Representations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 5: Multiplication and Proportions
- Algebra Connections Chapter 6: Systems of Equations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 7: Linear Relationships
- Algebra Connections Chapter 8: Quadratics
- Algebra Connections Chapter 9: Inequalities
- Algebra Connections Chapter 10: Simplifying and Solving
- Algebra Connections Chapter 11: Functions and Relations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 12: Algebraic Extensions