About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the Algebra Connections Systems of Equations chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the systems of equations topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Steps involved in solving linear equations
- How to use a system of equations
- Ways to calculate a system of equations with two unknowns
- Systems of equations problem solving
Algebra Connections is a registered trademark of CPM Educational Program, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Problem solving using Linear Equations
From sale prices to trip distances, many real life problems can be solved using linear equations. In this lesson, we'll practice translating word problems into linear equations, then solving the problems.
2. How Do I Use a System of Equations?
There are a few classic algebra word problems, such as the one about two trains traveling at different speeds. In this lesson, you'll learn how to take a word problem and convert it into the system of equations that will allow you to find the answer using either substitution or elimination.
3. Solving a System of Equations with Two Unknowns
When you have two variables and two equations, is solving the problem four times as hard? No! Not when you use the substitution or elimination method to solve systems of equations. We'll practice both in this lesson.
4. Solving Problems Involving Systems of Equations
Did you ever encounter a problem where you seem to have lots of information, but still have a couple of critical numbers missing? In this lesson, we'll practice solving word problems that require us to set up systems of equations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra Connections: Online Textbook Help course
- Algebra Connections Chapter 1: Problem Solving
- Algebra Connections Chapter 2: Variables and Proportions
- Algebra Connections Chapter 3: Graphs and Equations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 4: Multiple Representations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 5: Multiplication and Proportions
- Algebra Connections Chapter 7: Linear Relationships
- Algebra Connections Chapter 8: Quadratics
- Algebra Connections Chapter 9: Inequalities
- Algebra Connections Chapter 10: Simplifying and Solving
- Algebra Connections Chapter 11: Functions and Relations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 12: Algebraic Extensions