About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the Algebra Connections Quadratics chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the quadratics topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
You'll learn all of the algebra topics covered in the textbook chapter, including:
- Ways to factor quadratic equations
- FOIL in reverse
- Solving polynomial problems with a non-1 leading coeffecient
- Problem solving by factoring
- The quadratic formula
- Methods for solving quadratics that are not in standard form
Algebra Connections is a registered trademark of CPM Educational Program, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. How to Factor Quadratic Equations: FOIL in Reverse
So, you know how to multiply binomials with the FOIL method, but can you do it backwards? That's exactly what factoring is, and it can be pretty tricky. Check out this lesson to learn a method that will allow you to factor quadratic trinomials with a leading coefficient of 1.
2. Factoring Quadratic Equations: Polynomial Problems with a Non-1 Leading Coefficient
Once you get good at factoring quadratics with 1x squared in the front of the expression, it's time to try ones with numbers other than 1. It will be the same general idea, but there are a few extra steps to learn. Do that here!
3. How to Solve a Quadratic Equation by Factoring
If your favorite video game, 'Furious Fowls,' gave you the quadratic equation for each shot you made, would you be able to solve the equation to make sure every one hit its target? If not, you will after watching this video!
4. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
When solving a quadratic equation by factoring doesn't work, the quadratic formula is here to save the day. Learn what it is and how to use it in this lesson.
5. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
It isn't always the case that your equation will be set up nicely for you to solve. In this lesson, learn how to factor or use the quadratic formula to solve quadratic equations, even when they are not in standard form.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra Connections: Online Textbook Help course
- Algebra Connections Chapter 1: Problem Solving
- Algebra Connections Chapter 2: Variables and Proportions
- Algebra Connections Chapter 3: Graphs and Equations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 4: Multiple Representations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 5: Multiplication and Proportions
- Algebra Connections Chapter 6: Systems of Equations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 7: Linear Relationships
- Algebra Connections Chapter 9: Inequalities
- Algebra Connections Chapter 10: Simplifying and Solving
- Algebra Connections Chapter 11: Functions and Relations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 12: Algebraic Extensions