About This Chapter
How It Works:
- Identify the lessons in the Algebra Connections Inequalities chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons with this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the inequalities topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- The definition of an inequality
- Ways to graph 1- and 2-variable inequalities
- How to express compound inequalities using set notation
- How to graph systems of inequalities
- Methods to graph a system of quadratic inequalities
Algebra Connections is a registered trademark of CPM Educational Program, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
3. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
4. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
5. Graphing a System of Quadratic Inequalities: Examples & Process
What is a system of quadratic inequalities? What are the steps to graphing them? Find the answers to these questions by watching this video lesson. When you finish, you will be able to graph these yourself.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra Connections: Online Textbook Help course
- Algebra Connections Chapter 1: Problem Solving
- Algebra Connections Chapter 2: Variables and Proportions
- Algebra Connections Chapter 3: Graphs and Equations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 4: Multiple Representations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 5: Multiplication and Proportions
- Algebra Connections Chapter 6: Systems of Equations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 7: Linear Relationships
- Algebra Connections Chapter 8: Quadratics
- Algebra Connections Chapter 10: Simplifying and Solving
- Algebra Connections Chapter 11: Functions and Relations
- Algebra Connections Chapter 12: Algebraic Extensions