About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering high school algebra material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn high school algebra. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding ratios and rates or working with money problems
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about calculations, ratios, percent and proportions
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Algebra II: Calculations, Ratios, Percent & Proportions Review chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know; review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Algebra II: Calculations, Ratios, Percent & Proportions Review chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any calculations, ratios, percent and proportions question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an Algebra II: Calculations, Ratios, Percent & Proportions Review unit of a standard high school algebra II course. Topics covered include:
- Proportion and ratios
- Percents in word problems
- Interest formulas
- Taxes and discounts
- Distance formulas
1. Ratios & Rates: Definitions & Examples
If we have two items, or two numbers, and we want to compare them, what language can we use? How do we write the comparison? Find out as we learn about ratios and rates in this lesson.
2. How to Solve Problems with Money
Money matters, and knowing how much things cost will be useful no matter where you go. In this lesson, we'll learn the steps for solving word problems involving money.
3. Proportion: Definition, Application & Examples
When we want to compare one ratio, or fraction, to another equivalent ratio, it's a proportion. Learn all about proportions and practice solving proportion problems in this lesson.
4. Calculations with Ratios and Proportions
Even if only 99 out of 100 people need to know how to work with ratios, the odds that they'll be useful to you are very high. In this lesson, we'll practice performing calculations with ratios and proportions.
5. Percents: Definition, Application & Examples
Maybe you know that 95% is an A and 75% is a C. But what do those percents really mean? In this lesson, we'll learn about percents, including how to convert them to fractions and decimals.
6. How to Solve Word Problems That Use Percents
100 percent of percent problems can be solved if we follow the correct steps. In this lesson, we'll practice solving a variety of different percent problems.
7. How to Solve Interest Problems: Steps & Examples
If you want to know how your money can earn money, then it's essential to learn about solving interest problems. In this lesson, we'll practice calculating interest amounts and interest rates.
8. Compounding Interest Formulas: Calculations & Examples
Compound interest is a great way to have your money work for you. In this lesson, find out the formula for calculating compound interest and practice using the formula with several examples.
9. Taxes & Discounts: Calculations & Examples
When you go shopping, you don't want to be surprised by the amount of tax on an item. You also want to fully understand discounts to know how much you can save. In this lesson, we'll practice calculating both tax and discounts.
10. How to Solve Problems with Time
It's amazing how much time can be saved when people work together. In this lesson, we'll practice figuring out just how much time we're talking about as we solve problems involving time.
11. Distance Formulas: Calculations & Examples
Let's go on a road trip! In this lesson, we'll practice calculations involving distance, rate and time. We'll also look at how we determine the relationship between distance and fuel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra II: Help and Review course
- Algebra II - Basic Arithmetic Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Algebraic Expressions: Help & Review
- Algebra II - Real Numbers: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Complex and Imaginary Numbers Review: Help and Review
- Exponents & Exponential Expressions in Algebra: Help & Review
- Algebra II - Properties of Functions Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Linear Equations Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Systems of Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Inequalities Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Matrices and Determinants: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Absolute Value Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Polynomials: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Factoring: Help and Review
- Algebra II Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Graphing and Functions: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Roots and Radical Expressions Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Conic Sections: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Sequences and Series: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Sets: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Combinatorics: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Statistics: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Trigonometry: Help and Review