About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your graphing and functions homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your graphing and functions homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Basics of graphing and functions
- Compounding functions
- Graphing functions of functions
- Graphing an inverse function
- Polynomials functions
- Exponentials, logarithms and the natural log
- Slopes and tangents on graphs
- Equation of a line and the point-slope formula
- Horizontal and vertical asymptotes
- Implicit functions
1. Graphing Basic Functions
Graphs are just like maps - when you know the language! Review how locations have x and y coordinates similar to latitude and longitude, and how to plot points in the Cartesian plane.
2. Compounding Functions and Graphing Functions of Functions
We know that functions map numbers to other numbers, so what happens when you have a function of a function? Welcome to functions within functions, the realm of composite functions!
3. Understanding and Graphing the Inverse Function
If you use a function to map a to b, is there a way to go back from b to a again? Learn how to find and graph inverse functions so that you can turn a into b and back into a.
4. Polynomial Functions: Properties and Factoring
Everything from projectile motion to trigonometric functions can be described by polynomials. Review factoring, polynomials and quadratic functions in this lesson.
5. Polynomial Functions: Exponentials and Simplifying
How do we keep track of a rapidly multiplying population of bunnies? Well, those are simply powers of 2. Review powers and simplify problems with exponents in this lesson.
6. Exponentials, Logarithms & the Natural Log
Use the properties of exponentials and logarithms to learn how carbon dating works. This lesson covers properties of a natural log and rules of logarithms.
7. Slopes and Tangents on a Graph
Hit the slopes and learn how the steepness of a line is calculated. Calculate the slopes between points and draw the tangents of curves on graphs in this lesson.
8. Equation of a Line Using Point-Slope Formula
It's time for a road trip to Las Vegas, and after four hours of driving at 60 mph ... Are we there yet? Learn the point-slope form of the equation of a line to help answer this age-old question.
9. Horizontal and Vertical Asymptotes
No matter how hard you try to get to them, asymptotes remain out of reach. Learn about these invisible lines on graphs that show you places your equations just can't go.
10. Implicit Functions
Sometimes inputting a variable into a function 'black box' doesn't yield a simple output. Find out what happens when you can't isolate the dependent variable on one side of the equal sign.
11. Constant Function: Definition & Example
In this lesson, we will learn about what a constant function is and what it looks like on a graph. We will become comfortable identifying constant functions through real-world and mathematical examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra II: Homework Help Resource course
- Algebra II - Basic Arithmetic Review: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Algebraic Expressions and Equations - Algebra II
- Algebra II - Real Numbers: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Complex and Imaginary Numbers Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- Algebra II - Properties of Functions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Linear Equations Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Systems of Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Inequalities Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Absolute Value Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Polynomials: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Factoring: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Quadratic Equations
- Algebra II - Rational Expressions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Roots and Radical Expressions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Quadratic Equations: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Sequences and Series: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Sets: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Combinatorics: Homework Help
- Algebra II Percents & Proportions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Statistics: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Trigonometry: Homework Help