About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your quadratic equations homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your quadratic equations homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Defining a quadratic equation
- Solving quadratic equations in standard or non-standard form
- Using the greatest common factor
- Using the multiplication property of zero
- Solving a quadratic equation with the quadratic formula
- Using two binomials to solve quadratic inequalities
1. What is a Quadratic Equation? - Definition & Examples
A quadratic equation is a second-degree equation with one unknown variable. Explore the definition and examples of a quadratic function, the graph of a quadratic equation, when a quadratic equation can have two solutions, and why quadratics are important.
2. Solving Quadratics: Assigning the Greatest Common Factor and Multiplication Property of Zero
In algebra, a quadratic equation includes at least one number that is squared. Explore the process for solving quadratics by assigning the greatest common factor and multiplication property of zero. Work examples to better understand quadratics and how to solve them.
3. How to Use the Quadratic Formula to Solve a Quadratic Equation
The quadratic formula may be used to solve quadratic equations that cannot be solved using other simple methods of factoring. Learn about the quadratic formula, how to apply it, and how to use it to solve for the roots of any quadratic equation.
4. How to Solve Quadratics That Are Not in Standard Form
Quadratic equations are second-order polynomials that have two roots and these equations can be written in various forms. Learn about the different forms of quadratic equations and the methods and properties used for solving quadratic equations that are not in the standard form.
5. Solving Quadratic Inequalities Using Two Binomials
A quadratic inequality is an inequality where you have a quadratic on one side and all the terms on one side. Understand quadratic inequalities and quadratic expressions and explore how to solve such an equation using two binomials.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the High School Algebra II: Homework Help Resource course
- Algebra II - Basic Arithmetic Review: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Algebraic Expressions and Equations - Algebra II
- Algebra II - Real Numbers: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Complex and Imaginary Numbers Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- Algebra II - Properties of Functions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Linear Equations Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Systems of Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Inequalities Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Absolute Value Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Polynomials: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Factoring: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Quadratic Equations
- Algebra II - Rational Expressions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Graphing and Functions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Roots and Radical Expressions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Sequences and Series: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Sets: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Combinatorics: Homework Help
- Algebra II Percents & Proportions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Statistics: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Trigonometry: Homework Help