About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your sequences and series homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your sequences and series homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Arithmetic series in algebra
- Finite and infinite sequences
- Factorial and sigma notation
- Series and summation notation
- Common difference in arithmetic sequences
- General term of an arithmetic sequence
- Sum of the first n terms in arithmetic sequences
- Geometric sequences
- General term of a geometric sequence
- Sum of the first n terms in geometric sequences
- Infinite geometric series
- Recursive rules for sequences
- Mathematical induction
- Value of an annuity
- Binomial theorem
- Special sequences
1. Introduction to Sequences: Finite and Infinite
In this video lesson, we will learn about the many patterns that are possible in sequences. See how some sequences stop after a while and how some sequences never stop.
2. How to Use Factorial Notation: Process and Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn about factorial notation. Understand what it means so that you can handle it like a pro. Also see what happens when we divide factorials.
3. How to Use Series and Summation Notation: Process and Examples
Have you ever seen a sideways M on a math test and wondered what it meant? In this video lesson, learn about the notation that we use to show that we want to sum something up. Learn how to use it and see some examples of it in use.
4. Arithmetic Sequences: Definition & Finding the Common Difference
Watch this video lesson to learn the pattern that defines an arithmetic sequence. Learn how to identify arithmetic sequences as well as find the pattern easily. You will also learn the formula you can use to write any number in your sequence.
5. How and Why to Use the General Term of an Arithmetic Sequence
Watch this video lesson to learn the formula for the general term of an arithmetic sequence. Also learn why this formula makes working with an arithmetic sequence much easier.
6. The Sum of the First n Terms of an Arithmetic Sequence
In this video lesson, you will learn an easy to use formula for summing an arithmetic sequence. Watch as we use the formula in action and then get a chance to use it yourself as you follow along.
7. Understanding Arithmetic Series in Algebra
In this video lesson, we will learn about arithmetic series and how they work. Learn also how to find the pattern of an arithmetic sequence along with finding the sum.
8. Working with Geometric Sequences
In this video lesson, we'll learn how to recognize when a sequence of numbers is a geometric sequence, how to find the common ratio and how to expand a sequence to as many numbers as we want!
9. How and Why to Use the General Term of a Geometric Sequence
Watch this video lesson to learn the formula for the general term of a geometric sequence. You will learn how to write your own general term given a particular geometric sequence as well as the reason for doing this.
10. The Sum of the First n Terms of a Geometric Sequence
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can find the total of a geometric sequence up to a certain point. Learn the formula that you can use to help you find your answer.
11. Understand the Formula for Infinite Geometric Series
Watch this video lesson to learn how to calculate the sum of an infinite geometric series. Learn about the interesting thing that happens when your common ratio is less than one.
12. Using Recursive Rules for Arithmetic, Algebraic & Geometric Sequences
When dealing with sequences in math, both algebraic and geometric, we come across recursive rules. Watch this video lesson to learn how recursion works and how you can use a recursive rule to get to your next number using a previous number.
13. Using Sigma Notation for the Sum of a Series
In math, we have a notation for a lot of things. When you need to sum up a series, we also have a notation for that. You will learn about this notation, called Sigma notation, in this video lesson.
14. Mathematical Induction: Uses & Proofs
Watch this video lesson to learn about mathematical induction and how you can use it to prove mathematical statements. See how it is similar to falling dominoes.
15. How to Find the Value of an Annuity
Want to see how much money you will have in the future if you make a set payment every month towards your annuity? Then watch this video lesson for the formula and how to use it.
16. How to Use the Binomial Theorem to Expand a Binomial
In this video lesson, you will see what the binomial theorem has in common with Pascal's triangle. Learn how you can use Pascal's triangle to help you to easily expand a binomial.
17. Special Sequences and How They Are Generated
Sequences are interesting things in math and in nature. The most interesting thing is that these sequences have a pattern to how they are generated. We will learn about a few of them in this video lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra II: Homework Help Resource course
- Algebra II - Basic Arithmetic Review: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Algebraic Expressions and Equations - Algebra II
- Algebra II - Real Numbers: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Complex and Imaginary Numbers Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- Algebra II - Properties of Functions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Linear Equations Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Systems of Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Inequalities Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Absolute Value Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Polynomials: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Factoring: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Quadratic Equations
- Algebra II - Rational Expressions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Graphing and Functions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Roots and Radical Expressions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Quadratic Equations: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Sets: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Combinatorics: Homework Help
- Algebra II Percents & Proportions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Statistics: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Trigonometry: Homework Help