About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering high school algebra material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn high school algebra. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding groups and sets or working with power sets
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about sets
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Algebra II: Sets chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Algebra II: Sets chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any sets question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an Algebra II: Sets unit of a standard high school algebra II course. Topics covered include:
- Groups and sets in algebra
- Recognizing power sets
- Writing sets using set builder notation
1. Introduction to Groups and Sets in Algebra
As an introduction to the algebraic concepts of sets and groups, this lesson covers the difference between the two concepts and how to determine if a set is a group. To complete this lesson, we'll take a look at some practice examples.
2. Recognizing Power Sets in Algebra
This lesson will give students a very brief introduction to sets and subsets as a lead into how to determine if a set is actually a power set. Through the use of examples and trials, students will learn to identify true power sets.
3. How to Write Sets Using Set Builder Notation
Set builder notation allows the user to indicate specific items that are to be included within a set. In this lesson, we will learn how to write sets using set builder notation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra II: Help and Review course
- Algebra II - Basic Arithmetic Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Algebraic Expressions: Help & Review
- Algebra II - Real Numbers: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Complex and Imaginary Numbers Review: Help and Review
- Exponents & Exponential Expressions in Algebra: Help & Review
- Algebra II - Properties of Functions Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Linear Equations Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Systems of Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Inequalities Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Matrices and Determinants: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Absolute Value Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Polynomials: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Factoring: Help and Review
- Algebra II Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Rational Expressions: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Graphing and Functions: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Roots and Radical Expressions Review: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Conic Sections: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Sequences and Series: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Combinatorics: Help and Review
- Algebra II Ratios & Proportions: Help & Review
- Algebra II - Statistics: Help and Review
- Algebra II - Trigonometry: Help and Review