About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your systems of linear equations homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your systems of linear equations homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Defining a system of equations
- Using a system of equations
- Solving a linear system in two variables
- Solving a linear system in three variables
- Solving a linear system in three variables (infinite or no solutions)
1. What is a System of Equations?
So what happens if we want to compare more than one equation? Welcome to a 'system' of equations! Learn what one is, how to solve them and when they come up in real life.
2. How Do I Use a System of Equations?
There are a few classic algebra word problems, such as the one about two trains traveling at different speeds. In this lesson, you'll learn how to take a word problem and convert it into the system of equations that will allow you to find the answer using either substitution or elimination.
3. How to Solve a System of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can solve a system of linear equations in two variables by using the substitution method. Learn how easy it is to use on any linear system in two variables.
4. How to Solve a Linear System in Three Variables With a Solution
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve a linear system in three variables using the elimination method. Learn the simple operations that are needed to solve your system.
5. How to Solve a Linear System in Three Variables With No or Infinite Solutions
In this video lesson, you will learn to recognize when a linear system has no solution or an infinite number of solutions. You will also learn how to go about solving each of these types of systems.
6. Identity Matrix: Definition & Properties
In this lesson, we will learn about the identity matrix, which is a square matrix that has some unique properties. We will discover that a given matrix may have more than one identity matrix.
7. System of Equations Word Problem Examples
Most word problems require that you find the value of one variable. But, what if there is more than one unknown variable? In this lesson, you'll use systems of equations and solve word problems that have more than one unknown value.
8. Consistent System of Equations: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we'll review what a system of equations is. We'll also define a specific type of system called a consistent system of equations, as well as look at some examples of systems to solidify our understanding of consistent systems.
9. Inconsistent System of Equations: Definition & Example
In this lesson, we'll review systems of equations, commonly used in mathematical problem solving, while concentrating on one particular type: inconsistent systems of equations.
10. Applications of Systems of Equations
Systems of equations are extremely useful in applications where there is more than one unknown. We will explore applications that involve systems of equations and look at how to set up a system of equations with given information.
11. Applications of 2x2 Systems of Equations
In this lesson, we will quickly review what a 2x2 system of equations is, and then we will look at how to apply these systems to real world problems. We will see how to set up a system to correspond to a problem and discuss solutions.
12. Solving Systems of Three Equations with Elimination
Solving systems of equations that have three equations and three variables can be a challenge. In this lesson, you will learn how to identify additive inverses that will help you to solve the system using the elimination method.
13. Solving Special Systems of Linear Equations
Systems of linear equations with no solution or infinitely many solutions are special systems of linear equations. This lesson will explore what happens when we try to solve these special systems of linear equations both graphically and algebraically.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra II: Homework Help Resource course
- Algebra II - Basic Arithmetic Review: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Algebraic Expressions and Equations - Algebra II
- Algebra II - Real Numbers: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Complex and Imaginary Numbers Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- Algebra II - Properties of Functions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Linear Equations Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Inequalities Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Absolute Value Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Polynomials: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Factoring: Homework Help
- Algebra II Homework Help: Quadratic Equations
- Algebra II - Rational Expressions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Graphing and Functions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Roots and Radical Expressions Review: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Quadratic Equations: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Exponential and Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Sequences and Series: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Sets: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Combinatorics: Homework Help
- Algebra II Percents & Proportions: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Statistics: Homework Help
- Algebra II - Trigonometry: Homework Help