About This Chapter
Algebra II: Working with Real Numbers - Chapter Summary
High school students need to read and understand a great deal of information both before they graduate and as they move on in college or the professional world. This chapter provides students with focused training on working with real numbers.
Instead of an endless chapter of information, the chapter has been divided into short, individualized lessons. Students have the option to review all of the lessons in order, but they can also pick and choose lesson topics in which they need the most assistance. The chapter menu provides a list of all lessons available, and since each lesson is only focused on a single topic, students can easily find what they need. After completing this chapter, students will be ready to:
- Solve equations in the real number system
- Rationalize the denominator with a radical expression
- Define algebraic and transcendental numbers
- Use the formula for generating Pythagorean triples
- Understand numbers that are Pythagorean triples
1. Solving Equations in the Real Number System
Knowing how to solve equations is a skill that is used not only in math, but many other subjects including science, engineering, and business. In this lesson, you will learn how to solve equations with numbers in the real number system.
2. How to Rationalize the Denominator with a Radical Expression
Watch this video lesson to learn what you can do to simplify your expression when you have a radical in the denominator. Learn what the single step solution to your problem is.
3. Algebraic Numbers and Transcendental Numbers
Math is all about numbers. In this lesson, you'll learn about the two different categories of numbers, called algebraic and transcendental. You'll learn the definition of each type and find out how common each of them is.
4. Pythagorean Triple: Formula & Examples
In this lesson you will learn about primitive and non-primitive Pythagorean triples - sets of positive integers that satisfy the Pythagorean theorem. See if you can identify Pythagorean triples.
5. Understanding Numbers That Are Pythagorean Triples
In this video lesson, you will learn about numbers that form Pythagorean Triples. Learn why these are special numbers and what they have to do with triangles.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Algebra II: Homeschool Curriculum course
- Algebra II: Linear Equations Review
- Algebra II: Systems of Linear Equations Review
- Algebra II: Absolute Value Review
- Algebra II: Inequalities Review
- Algebra II: Exponents and Exponential Expressions Review
- Algebra II: Roots and Radical Expressions Review
- Algebra II: Factoring Review
- Algebra II: Quadratic Equations Review
- Algebra II: Graphing and Factoring Quadratic Equations Review
- Algebra II: Complex and Imaginary Numbers
- Algebra II: Rational Expressions Review
- Algebra II: Polynomials Review
- Algebra II: Polynomials Overview
- Algebra II: Graphing Polynomial Functions
- Algebra II: Conic Sections
- Algebra II: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Algebra II: Sequences & Series
- Algebra II: Combinatorics Review
- Algebra II: Calculations, Ratios, Percent & Proportions Review
- Algebra II: Statistical Analysis
- Algebra II: Trigonometry Review
- Algebra II: Trigonometry Overview
- Algebra II: Assignments & Projects
- Homeschool Resources for High School Algebra II