About This Chapter
Algebraic Units & Modeling - Chapter Summary
This chapter may help you improve your knowledge of math modeling and unit conversions as well as the concepts of dimension, proportion, and measurement. The short, engaging lessons in this chapter focus on different aspects of these concepts to ensure a quick and easy learning process. These lessons include the definition, application, and examples of:
- Unit conversion
- Descriptive modeling
- Measurement accuracy
The algebra courses we provide are written by professional instructors with engaging and descriptive teaching styles. Each chapter divides key concepts into lessons to help you gauge your progress. The interactive quiz can be used to help you test your knowledge for each chapter before moving on to the next.
1. Unit Conversion and Dimensional Analysis
How is solving a chemistry problem like playing dominoes? Watch this lesson to find out how you can use your domino skills to solve almost any chemistry problem.
2. Proportion: Definition, Application & Examples
When we want to compare one ratio, or fraction, to another equivalent ratio, it's a proportion. Learn all about proportions and practice solving proportion problems in this lesson.
3. Descriptive Modeling in Mathematics
After reading this lesson, you'll learn how you can use your math skills to solve real world problems. Learn how you can mathematically model your problem so you can use appropriate equations to find the solution.
4. Reporting Quantities Accurately with Measurement Limitations
How can you answer a problem properly in terms of accuracy? Learn how in this lesson. However, not all problems need an exact answer. Estimates may work very well for some problems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NY Regents Exam - Algebra I: Test Prep & Practice course
- Structure of Mathematical Expressions
- Polynomial Operations Basics
- Creating Equations, Inequalities & Expressions
- Solving & Graphing Equations & Inequalities
- Understanding Data Using Statistics
- Interpreting Linear Models
- Understanding Functions
- Interpreting, Analyzing & Graphing Functions
- Building Linear & Exponential Functions
- Basics of Rational & Irrational Numbers
- Quadratic & Polynomial Equations
- About the NY Regents Examinations
- NY Regents Exam - Algebra I Flashcards