About This Chapter
Alignment of Texas Science Instruction for Young Learners - Chapter Summary
Study this chapter on the alignment of Texas science instruction for young learners as quickly or as slowly as needed. Here you'll review using TEKS in curriculum and see how to align different science classes with it. After finishing this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Provide an overview of National Science Education Initiatives and their applications
- Detail the use of TEKS in Texas science curriculum
- Align kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade science with TEKS
- Explain how 3rd and 4th grade science is successfully aligned with TEKS
- Understand how to connect science lessons with other disciplines
We've ensured you're able to study whenever you'd like by making these learning materials available on any tablet, mobile phone or computer. Use the Dashboard to monitor your progress through the chapter and to submit any questions that come along to one of our instructors. Our lesson quizzes and chapter test make a helpful test prep exercise so you can feel confident going into test day.
1. National Science Education Initiatives: Overview & Applications
What advancements have been made in National Science Education? Check out this lesson to see how Science Education has improved and developed ensuring students can understand the world.
2. Using TEKS in Texas Science Curriculum
If you are a teacher in Texas who works with the science curriculum, it can be helpful to have a broad view of how the TEKS science standards work. This lesson provides you with an overview oriented toward helping you make the most of TEKS for science.
3. Aligning Kindergarten Science with TEKS
If you teach kindergarten in Texas, you know how important it is to align your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson focuses on the science standards and how you can meet them in your teaching.
4. Aligning 1st Grade Science with TEKS
Every Texas teacher understands the importance of aligning your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson focuses on helping you understand how to work with the first grade science standards.
5. Aligning 2nd Grade Science with TEKS
In Texas, teachers need to align curriculum with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). This lesson gives you some insight into how to work with your second graders on science.
6. Aligning 3rd Grade Science with TEKS
As a third grade teacher in Texas, you know how important it is to align your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson focuses on how you can make sure your science instruction meets the standards.
7. Aligning 4th Grade Science with TEKS
As a teacher in Texas, you are familiar with the importance of TEKS. This lesson offers you some ideas that will help align your fourth grade science curriculum with the standards.
8. Connecting Science Lessons With Other Disciplines
Students learn best through an interdisciplinary approach that explores the connections among different branches of science and other fields. In this lesson, we will discuss the importance of connecting science lessons with math, history, technology, and other disciplines.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 (090): Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Understanding Matter, Elements, Compounds & Mixtures
- Force & Newton's Laws of Motion
- Energy, Electricity, Sound & Light
- Fundamental Characteristics of Living Things
- Reproduction, Genetics & Evolution
- Ecosystems, Competition & Adaptations
- Earth's Natural Materials & Processes
- Hydrosphere & Atmosphere
- The Universe, Solar System & the Earth-Sun Relationship
- The History & Societal Contexts of Science
- Nature of Science & Unifying Themes
- Methods of Scientific Inquiry
- Managing Scientific Data
- Science Education Safety
- Teaching Strategies for Science
- The Science Learning & Teaching Environment
- Understanding & Implementing Student Assessment
- Leadership, Communication & Collaboration in Science Education
- Mentoring & Professional Development for Texas Science Teachers
- Strategies & Resources for Teaching Science to Young Learners
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher EC-4 Flashcards