About This Chapter
Alternative Medicine for Digestive Issues - Chapter Summary
Check out this mobile-friendly pharmacology chapter to learn about alternative medicines for different digestive issues, such as ulcerative colitis and acid reflux. Our expert instructors break down alternative medicine concepts in a way that's easy to understand and remember. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you reinforce your understanding of the pharmacology terms you study. The chapter can be completed at your own pace, and you can use any Internet-connected device to access the lessons and quizzes. When you're finished with the chapter, you'll be able to recognize alternative medicines for the following digestive issues:
- Acid reflux
- Ulcerative colitis
- Celiac disease
1. Alternative Medicine for GERD
This lesson goes over some of the many alternative therapies for GERD. You'll learn about various herbs and supplements that might help someone with GERD as well as some non-dietary therapies that can also help.
2. Alternative Medicine for Acid Reflux
Acid reflux is a common, yet painful, condition affecting the upper digestive tract. Read this lesson to learn more about some alternative methods used in the treatment of this condition.
3. Alternative Medicine for Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative colitis is a painful disorder that involves sores in the colon. There are numerous proposed alternative therapies that might help a person deal with this condition that this lesson outlines for you.
4. Alternative Medicine for Celiac Disease
People with celiac disease can't simply eat anything they want! They have to be quite selective. And this lesson offers a selection of its own alternative therapies for celiac disease.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to Pharmacology course
- History & Types of Pharmacology
- Basics of Pharmacology
- Formulas & Calculations for Pharmacology
- Dosage Analysis in Pharmacology
- Pharmacology & Physiology
- Respiratory Medications
- Endocrine System Medications
- Therapeutic Responses in Pharmacology
- Stimulants & Pharmacology
- Medicinal Herbology
- Alternative Medicine & Pharmacology
- Reproductive Health & Pharmacology
- Cancer, Abnormal Cells & Pharmacology
- 5-HT3 Antagonist Drugs
- Anorectic Medications
- Medications for Colds & Coughs
- Medications for Infection Control
- Understanding & Administering Doxycycline
- Anticonvulsant Medications
- Overview of Antihistamines
- Understanding & Administering Loratadine
- Overview of Cholinergic Drugs
- GABA Analogue Medications
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Sodium Channel Blockers
- Understanding Steroids
- Uric Acid Reducers
- Anesthesia & Pharmacology