About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions - Chapter Summary
This chapter will take you through branding and brand equity, brand strategy, and brand extension. The content presented will prepare you for the part of the AMA PCM Certification Exam that is pulled from Domain 4: Value Creation of the AMA PCM Body of Knowledge. This content domain makes up 12% of the exam. By the end of the chapter, you will know about:
- Development of a brand
- Components of brand strategy
- Factors of brand extension
- Product line extension vs brand extension
- The function of packaging
Our experienced instructors will guide you through this collection of helpful lessons. Each video comes with a topic-searchable timeline to aid in review, and you can also benefit from transcripts and links to supplementary materials. The lesson quizzes and practice exams can help you ensure mastery of the material. Remember, the instructors are available to answer questions via the user interface.
1. Branding and Brand Equity in Business Marketing
Brand and brand equity go hand-in-hand in the marketing arena. Here, we will discuss how a brand develops and how that leads to increased brand equity.
2. What Is Brand Strategy? - Definition, Examples & Development
What makes a product like Coca-Cola an iconic brand? How is it so well known that people around the world instantly recognize and buy it? A big part of the answer is found in its brand strategy. Learn about the components of a brand strategy and how to formulate one.
3. Brand Extension: Definition, Strategy, Failures & Examples
Have you ever looked at a company and wondered how it could expand? What factors should be considered? This lesson takes a look at brand extension and how companies can expand.
4. Product Line Extension: Definition, Strategies & Example
This lesson will define product line and brand extensions. Different types of strategies will be illustrated with examples. These will show how line extension is distinguished from brand extension.
5. What Is Product Packaging in Marketing? - Definition, Types & Importance
Most products have some form of packaging, even if it's just a price tag. In this lesson, you'll learn about the function of packaging, including how packaging is used in marketing. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards