About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing - Chapter Summary
The AMA PCM exam will test you on how businesses market to one another and how business-to-business marketing differs from consuming marketing. This chapter will take you through all the concepts and techniques that are used for business-to-business marketing. Chapter lessons cover the following topics:
- Step-by-step segments for business markets
- Business buyers
- Buying center roles
- Differences between business-to-business marketing and business-to-consumer marketing
Did you know our lessons are available to you in mobile format? Whether you access this chapter through a home computer, mobile phone or tablet, you can study with us anywhere or at anytime. Having this flexibility will allow you to study around your busy schedule when it is convenient for you.
1. How to Segment Business Markets Step-by-Step
Discover the four segments of business marketing in this lesson. You will also learn the distinguishing characteristics of each segment so you may easily identify each of them.
2. Business Buyers: New Buy, Modified Rebuy, Straight Rebuy
A business-to-business sales situation has numerous key differences from a business-to-consumer situation. Marketing managers must understand how a basic buying center works and the different types of rebuy situations.
3. B2B vs. B2C: How Business Marketing Differs from Consumer Marketing
A business-to-business sales situation has numerous key differences from a business-to-consumer situation. Marketing managers must develop a business selling strategy and be aware of the five different aspects of business buying behavior compared to consumer buying.
4. Roles Within the Buying Center
There are many functions inside of a business. One of those is the buying center and the varying roles inside of it. In this lesson, you'll learn about the different roles within the buying center.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research
- AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards