About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM - Chapter Summary
The AMA PCM exam will contain specific questions that cover the topic of direct marketing and CRM. All of the information you'll need to know for these questions will be covered in the lessons contained in this chapter. Each lesson will go over a different subtopic that will be included on the exam, such as:
- The definition and concept of direct marketing
- Methods and segmentation of direct marketing
- Legal and ethical issues in direct marketing
The lessons and practice quizzes in this chapter will serve as essential tools when preparing for the AMA PCM exam. Once you've used them to familiarize yourself with the content and format of these types of exam questions, you'll likely find the exam itself to be much less daunting!
1. What is Direct Marketing? - Definition, Concepts & Examples
Direct marketing is a very effective and powerful way to share information about a product or service. This lesson will discuss what direct marketing is and what concepts are important in direct marketing and also give examples.
2. Direct Marketing: Methods & Segmentation
Companies use all different types of marketing to get the word out about their product or brand. This lesson will explain what direct marketing is, the different methods of direct marketing, advantages and disadvantages of the different types, and marketing segmentation.
3. Direct Marketing: Legal & Ethical Issues
There are certain legal and ethical aspects on direct marketing that companies need to understand. This lesson will take a look at a few of the top issues like the right to be informed, the right to privacy, and legal restrictions on direct mailing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research
- AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards