About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing - Chapter Summary
The AMA PCM Exam will test you on various topics related to marketing, so it's essential that you have a firm understanding of marketing fundamentals prior to taking the exam. Fortunately, the lessons included within this chapter will give you a comprehensive overview of all points related to this topic that you'll need to know. These points include:
- Creating value for products and service
- Customer relationship management
- Company mission statements
- Marketing strategy
- Strategic marketing plans
Watch the chapter's video lessons to study these topics, and then test your understanding with the chapter's practice quizzes. The AMA PCM exam will be easier if you use our comprehensive study guide beforehand.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. How Marketers Create Value for Products & Services
Marketing a product can be fun and exciting as well as critical for the success of new items. This lesson explains how marketers create value when presenting new products and services.
3. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
4. Company Mission Statements: Definition & Examples
This lesson explains the role of a mission statement in an organization. Learn the definition of a mission statement, how they are created and how they are used.
5. What Is Marketing Strategy? - Examples & Objectives
In this lesson, we will focus on the components and core elements used to plan a marketing strategy. In addition, we will discuss the importance of measuring the impact of a marketing strategy.
6. Strategic Marketing Plans: Elements & Development
This course describes key elements for developing a strong marketing strategy: defining an objective and metrics, identifying the customer, understanding the competition, highlighting features and benefits, and developing a positioning statement.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research
- AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards