About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing - Chapter Summary
You can use the lessons contained within this chapter to bolster your understanding of global marketing as it pertains to the AMA PCM exam. Each lesson will teach you about a different topic in a manner that is effective and understandable. The topics you'll go over are:
- The importance of global marketing
- Globalization since 1990
- The definition of and issues and strategies related to global marketing
- Entry into foreign markets
- Comparing foreign and domestic marketing strategies
Both the lessons and practice quizzes will be essential if you are planning to take the AMA PCM Exam. If you use our study guide, you'll find the process of preparing for the exam to be much less daunting.
1. The Importance of the Global Market and Global Trade: Role & Advantages
We all need resources, products and service to live and thrive. Sometimes these things are not readily available locally. In this lesson, you'll learn about the importance of international trade and globalization in fulfilling our needs and wants.
2. Globalization, Capitalism & Free Trade since 1990
In this lesson, we explore the growth of capitalism and free trade since 1990. We'll also examine the globalization spurred by the removal of tariffs and trade barriers.
3. What Is Global Marketing? - Strategies, Definition & Issues
What is global marketing? In this lesson, you'll learn what global marketing is, issues you would need to address to market your product globally, and strategies that can help grow your business in other countries.
4. Breaking Into Foreign Markets: International Marketing Strategies
Companies look to international markets to increase their sales and profits. Market managers must decide on the mode of entry into a foreign market. The options, ranging from least to most risky, are exporting, licensing, franchising, contract manufacturing, joint ventures and direct investments.
5. Comparison of Domestic & Global Marketing Strategies
There are many similarities and differences between domestic and global marketing. When companies decide to market products globally, they need to take a closer look at customers, culture, regulations, and logistics before launching a successful campaign abroad.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research
- AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards