About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications - Chapter Summary
Before taking the AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) Exam, use the video lessons included in this chapter to study up on the subject of integrated marketing communications. The lessons will go over specific subtopics that you might be assessed on when taking the actual exam. Included in this chapter are lessons on:
- The definition and importance of communication
- The marketing plan
- Consumers awareness of promotion
- Challenges in communicating with target market segments
- How to allocate an integrated marketing communication budget
The video lessons will go over these topics in a comprehensive and easy-to-understand format. The chapter also contains practice quizzes that will prepare you for the types of questions you'll encounter on the exam.
1. What is Communication? - Definition & Importance
Any task or transaction that requires more than one person can only be successfully completed with communication. In this lesson, you'll learn what communication is, types of communication and the importance of communication.
2. Integrated Marketing Communication and the Marketing Plan
In order to compete in today's difficult market, a marketing manager must create not just a promotional mix, but an integrated marketing communications plan. This is a coordinating plan of promotional messages for a product to ensure consistency. The product's promotional message should be consistent and create an overall integrated theme.
3. Consumer Awareness of Promotion: The AIDA Acronym
Have you ever sampled foods in a grocery store? This is one of the techniques marketing companies use to draw your business. In this lesson, you'll learn about how consumers become engaged in a promotional message. Discover the AIDA concept and understand how consumers respond to a marketing message.
4. Challenges of Communicating With Target Market Segments
Diverse target segments within a population require marketing strategies equipped to address differences - differences in preferences and needs as well as communication styles and venues. Marketers confront these challenges by customizing messages and the medium for each audience.
5. Allocating an Integrated Marketing Communication Budget
Marketers have a wealth of options in selecting platforms and tactics to distribute their message. In this lesson, you'll learn about various ways you can allocate an integrated marketing communications budget.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research
- AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards