About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management - Chapter Summary
Making sales is an integral part of success in any business endeavor. These lessons, taught by experienced instructors, will introduce you to the steps in the personal selling process. The content here is applicable to Domain 7: Marketing Communication, which is 15% of the AMA PCM Certification Exam. When you are finished with this chapter, you will know about:
- The concept of personal selling
- Salesforce management
- Personal selling: ethics and legal issues
You can review these lessons on a computer, smartphone or tablet, from anywhere you have internet access. The instructors are available to answer your questions, and the self-assessment quizzes let you know where you need additional study before exam day.
1. Personal Selling: The Steps of the Selling Process
This lesson introduces you to the concept of personal selling. You will learn about the steps in the personal selling process, including how to close a deal.
2. Sales Management: Definition & Function
A thriving business needs competent sales management to meet revenue and sales goals. Also, sales managers must ensure that the sales team is appropriately supported. Use the four keys in this lesson to improve your sales management skills.
3. Personal Selling: Legal & Ethical Issues
Companies have turned to personal selling to help sell their products and services. We will take a look at the definition of personal selling and the legal and ethical issues that can arise.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research
- AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards