About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics - Chapter Summary
The AMA Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) Exam will contain questions on marketing ethics. Use the lessons contained in this chapter to go over this topic in depth prior to taking the exam. Some of the topics you'll go over include:
- Ethical behavior in marketing and business
- AMA's Statement of Ethical Norms and Values
- How ethical marketing choices affect consumers
- Differences between social responsibility and business ethics
- How to incorporate ethics into marketing strategy
The lessons will provide you with a comprehensive overview of each of these topics. You can also use the practice quizzes to prepare for the types of questions you'll find on the AMA PCM exam. Track your progress through the chapter on your dashboard.
1. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
2. The AMA Statement of Ethical Norms & Values
In this lesson, you will learn about the American Marketing Association (AMA) and the key components of its Statement of Ethical Norms and Values. You will explore why this statement is so important to the AMA and its membership.
3. Impact of Ethical Marketing on Consumers
Making ethical decisions in your marketing practice can result in myriad benefits for both your brand and your consumers. In this lesson, you'll learn more about ethical marketing practices.
4. Business Ethics & Social Responsibility: Definition & Differences
Businesses are faced with many responsibilities including business ethics and social responsibility. This lesson will examine both concepts and differentiate between the two.
5. Incorporating Ethics Into Marketing Strategy
Every company wants to sell their product and will use marketing strategies to do so. This lesson will take a look at how to stay ethical when creating a marketing strategy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research
- AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards