About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research - Chapter Summary
When taking the AMA PCM Exam, you may encounter a few questions related to marketing research. In order to do well on this portion of the exam, go through this chapter to see lessons covering specific topics you might be questioned on. The topics included in this chapter are:
- Purpose and roles of marketing research
- The use of secondary data in marketing research
- Qualitative vs. quantitative research
- Data collection techniques
- Marketing research ethics
In addition to these video and text lessons, the chapter also contains practice questions that will be helpful in preparing for the AMA PCM exam format. The chapter as a whole will serve as an invaluable study guide prior to taking the exam itself.
1. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
2. Secondary Data in Marketing Research: Definition, Sources & Collection
Marketing research requires data, and secondary data is often the most convenient and cost-effective option. In this lesson, you'll learn about secondary data, including its sources and how to collect it.
3. Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research
In this lesson, we identify the differences between quantitative and qualitative research methods in the social sciences. We also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
4. Strategies for Choosing a Data Collection Technique
After figuring out what you are going to study, you, as the researcher, will need to figure out how to study it. This lesson discusses popular ways a researcher can collect data as well as why a researcher would chose a particular data collection technique.
5. Marketing Research Ethics: Collecting Consumer Information
In this lesson, we'll discuss some common ethical issues related to market research and review standards and codes created by the Marketing Research Association to mitigate these concerns.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards