About This Chapter
AMA PCM Exam: Supply Chain & Channel Management - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our instructors show you the elements of the supply chain and explain the goals of supply chain management. You'll also study logistics management and discover how intermediaries can be useful in this process. These lessons are relevant to the assessment's Domain 6: Value Delivery section, which is the equivalent of 10% of the AMA PCM Certification Exam. Additional topics covered in the chapter include:
- Supply channel: importance of cooperation
- Supply chain: technology and measurement
- Marketing channel: definition and function
Our engaging videos usually last less than ten minutes. You can also make use of transcripts that enhance comprehension and allow for in-depth study. In addition, you'll have access to related materials. Our instructors are available to answer your questions via the system interface, and each lesson comes with a self-assessment quiz.
1. Supply Chain Management: Elements & Goals
Supply chains and their efficient management may mean the difference between success and failure for a business. In this lesson, you'll learn about the elements of the supply chain and the key goals businesses seek in managing their supply chains.
2. Logistics of Goods and Services
Logistics management is essential for the proper functioning of a supply chain and for successfully serving customers. In this lesson, you'll learn about the role of logistics in supply chain management and how intermediaries can be used in the process.
3. Systems That Influence Cooperation in the Supply Channel
The supply chain is an interconnected group of players involved in taking a product from concept to the consumer's hands. Cooperation between parties as they interface is necessary to provide customer satisfaction.
4. Supply Chain Management: Technology, Measurement, Relationship & Material Integration
Marketing managers realize how distribution can be costly if there is not an efficient plan in place. Supply chain management is a strategy that allows seamless integration of all pieces of the distribution chain.
5. Marketing Channel: Definition and Function in the Marketplace
In this lesson, we'll learn about the marketing channel, which allows producers to deliver their product to consumers in the correct quantity, type and location. Without help from additional channel members, most companies would not be able to increase their target market reach and satisfy their customer needs.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer course
- AMA PCM Exam: Fundamentals of Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Ethics
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Analysis
- AMA PCM Exam: Consumer Behavior
- AMA PCM Exam: Business-to-Business Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Global Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Segment Targeting & Positioning
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Research
- AMA PCM Exam: Branding & Packaging Decisions
- AMA PCM Exam: Products & Services
- AMA PCM Exam: Pricing Concepts & Methods
- AMA PCM Exam: Retailing & Multichannel Marketing
- AMA PCM Exam: Integrated Marketing Communications
- AMA PCM Exam: Advertising, Public Relations & Sales Promotion
- AMA PCM Exam: Direct Marketing & CRM
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Internet/Social Media
- AMA PCM Exam: Interactive Marketing - Personal Selling & Sales Management
- AMA PCM Exam: Marketing Metrics
- AMA PCM Exam Study Guide - Professional Certified Marketer Flashcards