About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your America from 1992 to the present homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample questions and get instant feedback.
- Finish your America from 1992 to the present homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- The Presidential election of 1992
- President Clinton's domestic and foreign policies
- Congress in the late 1990s
- George W. Bush's election and domestic agenda
- 9/11 terrorist attack and the War on Terror
- Key events of President George W. Bush's second term
- American economic and government policies in 2008
- President Obama's policies and accomplishments
1. The Presidential Election of 1992: Bill Clinton, Ross Perot & George H.W. Bush
Learn about the three-way presidential race of 1992, which pitted Republican incumbent George H.W. Bush against Democrat Bill Clinton and independent Ross Perot. The campaign focused heavily on the economy.
2. Bill Clinton's Domestic Policy: the Economy, Healthcare, Welfare & Social Policies
During the 1990s, President Bill Clinton met many of his domestic policy goals, including stimulating the economy, reforming welfare, and advocating for social change. He did not successfully achieve a national healthcare system.
3. Bill Clinton's Foreign Policy: the Middle East, Haiti, African & Northern Ireland
During his two terms as president, Bill Clinton intended to focus on domestic policy over foreign policy. But between 1992 and 2000, the U.S. was involved in several international conflicts and diplomatic interventions, which will be covered in this lesson.
4. Congress in the Late '90s: Contract with America & Clinton's Impeachment
In 1994, Republicans took control of both houses of Congress, elected on the promises made in the Contract with America. President Clinton endorsed several of these measures, but conflict was inevitable, culminating in his impeachment in 1998.
5. President Barack Obama: Election, Policies & Accomplishments
Barack Obama became the first African American President of the United States in 2009. Learn about his first term including his domestic and foreign initiatives, and his successes and failures.
6. The American Economy & Government Policy in 2008
The rise of sub-prime mortgage loans and heightened real estate speculation led to the collapse of the housing market, which ushered in the Great Recession in 2007. Learn more about this economic downturn and its effects in this lesson.
7. Major Events of George W. Bush's Second Term
President George W. Bush's second term domestic agenda focused on widespread reform, yet many of his initiatives fell flat. Learn more about Bush's domestic policy, as well as several issues that impacted his legacy, in this lesson.
8. George W. Bush: the 9/11 Terrorist Attack & War on Terror
The September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States forced President George W. Bush to reappraise his foreign policy. Learn about the tragic day, the Bush Doctrine and the ensuing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
9. George W. Bush: 2000 Election & Domestic Agenda
President George W. Bush overcame numerous obstacles before and after entering office. Learn about the Republican Primary Election, the presidential election of 2000 and Bush's domestic goals.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School US History: Homework Help Resource course
- First Contacts in the Americas: Homework Help Resource
- Settling North America & the Colonies: Homework Help Resource
- After the American Revolution: Homework Help Resource
- The Virginia Dynasty: Homework Help Resource
- Jacksonian Democracy: Homework Help Resource
- Antebellum America: Homework Help Resource
- Manifest Destiny & American Expansion: Homework Help Resource
- Buildup to the American Civil War: Homework Help Resource
- The American Civil War: Homework Help Resource
- After the Civil War - Reconstruction: Homework Help Resource
- Industrialization in Late 19th Century America: Homework Help Resource
- The Progressive Era - Early 20th Century: Homework Help Resource
- American Imperialism & World War l: Homework Help Resource
- 1920s America: Homework Help Resource
- America and the Great Depression: Homework Help Resource
- America and the Second World War: Homework Help Resource
- Post-War and the Cold War: Homework Help Resource
- Civil Rights Movements in America: Homework Help Resource
- America in the 1970s: Homework Help Resource
- America in the 1980s: Homework Help Resource