About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other middle school U.S. history work.
- Identify the modern-day America concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our middle school U.S. history tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about America from 1992 to the present and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding Bill Clinton's domestic policy, the War on Terror, President Obama or any other modern-day America topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their modern-day America unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in middle school U.S. history
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about America from 1992 to the present simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live U.S. history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about America from 1992 to the present on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Review the 1992 presidential election between George H.W. Bush, Ross Perot and Bill Clinton.
- Describe President Clinton's domestic policies concerning the economy, welfare and social issues.
- Study President Clinton's foreign policies related to the Middle East, Northern Ireland and Africa.
- Review the Contract with America and the impeachment of President Clinton.
- Examine President George W. Bush's election and his domestic agenda.
- Learn about the 9/11 terrorist attack and the War on Terror.
- Describe the events that characterized President Bush's second term.
- Review economic and government policies in 2008.
- Study President Obama's election and policies.
1. The Presidential Election of 1992: Bill Clinton, Ross Perot & George H.W. Bush
Learn about the three-way presidential race of 1992, which pitted Republican incumbent George H.W. Bush against Democrat Bill Clinton and independent Ross Perot. The campaign focused heavily on the economy.
2. Bill Clinton's Domestic Policy: the Economy, Healthcare, Welfare & Social Policies
During the 1990s, President Bill Clinton met many of his domestic policy goals, including stimulating the economy, reforming welfare, and advocating for social change. He did not successfully achieve a national healthcare system.
3. Bill Clinton's Foreign Policy: the Middle East, Haiti, African & Northern Ireland
During his two terms as president, Bill Clinton intended to focus on domestic policy over foreign policy. But between 1992 and 2000, the U.S. was involved in several international conflicts and diplomatic interventions, which will be covered in this lesson.
4. Congress in the Late '90s: Contract with America & Clinton's Impeachment
In 1994, Republicans took control of both houses of Congress, elected on the promises made in the Contract with America. President Clinton endorsed several of these measures, but conflict was inevitable, culminating in his impeachment in 1998.
5. President Barack Obama: Election, Policies & Accomplishments
Barack Obama became the first African American President of the United States in 2009. Learn about his first term including his domestic and foreign initiatives, and his successes and failures.
6. The American Economy & Government Policy in 2008
The rise of sub-prime mortgage loans and heightened real estate speculation led to the collapse of the housing market, which ushered in the Great Recession in 2007. Learn more about this economic downturn and its effects in this lesson.
7. Major Events of George W. Bush's Second Term
President George W. Bush's second term domestic agenda focused on widespread reform, yet many of his initiatives fell flat. Learn more about Bush's domestic policy, as well as several issues that impacted his legacy, in this lesson.
8. George W. Bush: the 9/11 Terrorist Attack & War on Terror
The September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States forced President George W. Bush to reappraise his foreign policy. Learn about the tragic day, the Bush Doctrine and the ensuing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
9. George W. Bush: 2000 Election & Domestic Agenda
President George W. Bush overcame numerous obstacles before and after entering office. Learn about the Republican Primary Election, the presidential election of 2000 and Bush's domestic goals.
10. Counter Terrorism: Definition, Measures & Strategy
Terrorism is a major concern in the world today. In this lesson, we are going to explore methods of combating terrorism, and see how this differs from traditional warfare.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Middle School US History: Tutoring Solution course
- First Contacts in the Americas: Tutoring Solution
- Settling the North American Colonies: Tutoring Solution
- The Revolutionary War: Tutoring Solution
- After the American Revolution: Tutoring Solution
- Virginia Dynasty: Tutoring Solution
- The Jacksonian Democracy: Tutoring Solution
- Antebellum America: Tutoring Solution
- Manifest Destiny & Expansion: Tutoring Solution
- Buildup to the American Civil War: Tutoring Solution
- The American Civil War: Tutoring Solution
- After the Civil War - Reconstruction: Tutoring Solution
- The American Industrialization Era: Tutoring Solution
- The American Progressive Era: Tutoring Solution
- American Imperialism & World War l: Tutoring Solution
- 1920s America: Tutoring Solution
- America & the Great Depression: Tutoring Solution
- America & the Second World War: Tutoring Solution
- Post-War and the Cold War: Tutoring Solution
- Civil Rights Movements in America: Tutoring Solution
- America in the 1970s: Tutoring Solution
- America in the 1980s: Tutoring Solution