About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in the Amsco Geometry Logic chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the logic topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn about:
- Sentence, statements and truth values
- Conjunctions and disjunctions
- Conditionals and biconditionals
- Contrapositives, converses and inverses
- The laws of logic
- Drawing logical conclusions
Amsco is a registered trademark of Amsco, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Critical Thinking and Logic in Mathematics
Logic has its own unique language and way of defining what is true and false. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can critically think in the language of logic while working with math.
2. Propositions, Truth Values and Truth Tables
Watch this video lesson and learn what truth values are and what a truth table looks like. Learn how to go from a proposition to its negation and how that affects the truth values and the truth tables.
3. Logical Math Connectors: Conjunctions and Disjunctions
Watch this video lesson to learn how to identify conjunctions and disjunctions. Also learn the connectors that are used with each. Learn how you can use them to make statements.
4. Conditional Statements in Math
Sometimes, what is true in the mathematical world of logic is false in the real world. Check out this lesson to learn how to identify conditional statements and how you can differentiate between what is logically true and what is true in reality.
5. Logic Laws: Converse, Inverse, Contrapositive & Counterexample
Logical statements can be useful, but only if we are able to determine their validity. In this lesson, we'll look at the various forms of a logical statement and see how they relate to each other.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Amsco Geometry: Online Textbook Help course
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 1: Essentials of Geometry
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 3: Proving Statements in Geometry
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 4: Congruence of Line Segments, Angles, and Triangles
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 5: Congruence Based on Triangles
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 6: Transformations and the Coordinate Plane
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 8: Slopes and Equations of Lines
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 9: Parallel Lines
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 10: Quadrilaterals
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 11: Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 12: Ratio, Proportion, and Similarity
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 13: Geometry of a Circle
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 14: Locus and Construction