About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in the Amsco Geometry Transformations and the Coordinate Plane chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the transformations and the coordinate plane topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn about:
- Coordinates of points
- Line reflections
- Glide reflections
- Transformations as functions
- Basic inequality postulates
Amsco is a registered trademark of Amsco, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. The Cartesian Coordinate System: Plotting Points & Graphing Lines
Watch this video lesson to see how useful the Cartesian coordinate system is. Learn how points are labeled and how you can plot points and graph lines using the system.
2. Plotting Points on the Coordinate Plane
If you'll be working with a graph, otherwise known as the coordinate plane, it's essential to understand how it works. This includes learning the parts of a graph, identifying points and plotting points.
3. What Is Domain and Range in a Function?
The domain and range are the possible outputs and inputs of a function. In this lesson, learn about what might restrict the domain and how to figure out the domain and range from a graph.
4. How to Compose Functions
Function composition is the process of putting two or more functions together. This video lesson will explain how this process works and also show you how to evaluate functions that have been composed.
5. Transformations: How to Shift Graphs on a Plane
What is a transformation? Well, it's something that transforms one function into another! To see what I mean and how that looks, check out this lesson!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Amsco Geometry: Online Textbook Help course
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 1: Essentials of Geometry
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 2: Logic
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 3: Proving Statements in Geometry
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 4: Congruence of Line Segments, Angles, and Triangles
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 5: Congruence Based on Triangles
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 8: Slopes and Equations of Lines
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 9: Parallel Lines
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 10: Quadrilaterals
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 11: Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 12: Ratio, Proportion, and Similarity
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 13: Geometry of a Circle
- Amsco Geometry Chapter 14: Locus and Construction