About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering high school trigonometry material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn high school trigonometry. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to graph conic sections or write their equations in standard form
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about analytic geometry and conic sections
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections in Trigonometry chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections in Trigonometry chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any analytic geometry or conic sections question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How can I graph ellipses?
- How do I write the equation of an ellipse in standard form?
- What is the distance formula, and how is it used to measure circles?
- What is a hyperbola?
- How do I write the equation of a hyperbola in standard form?
- What is a parabola?
- How do I write the equation of a parabola in standard form?
- How can I identify a conic section by its formula?
1. Defining and Graphing Ellipses in Algebra
Watch this video lesson to find out what makes ellipses so unique. Learn what kind of shape an ellipse is, how you can create one yourself and how you can graph an ellipse by just looking at the numbers in the equation.
2. How to Write the Equation of an Ellipse in Standard Form
In algebra, we have equations that make our life so much easier. Some equations are able to tell us information without hard math. Watch this video lesson to see how the equation of an ellipse does this.
3. The Circle: Definition, Conic Sections & Distance Formula
Watch this video lesson, and you will learn what makes a circle a conic section. Also learn how to calculate the circumference of a circle. You will learn about the one important measurement that you need for any circle.
4. The Hyperbola: Definition, Vertices, Foci & Graphing
In this video lesson, we'll learn what a hyperbola is and how to graph one using the standard equation to find the center point, vertices and focus points.
5. How to Write the Equation of a Hyperbola in Standard Form
When it comes to equations in algebra, there is most always a standard form that provides us with useful information. Watch this video lesson to learn how to write the standard form equation of a hyperbola by using information about the hyperbola.
6. The Parabola: Definition & Graphing
Watch this video lesson to learn what a parabola is and how you can graph it. Find out how to extract useful information from the standard form equation of a parabola to help you graph it.
7. How to Write the Equation of a Parabola in Standard Form
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to write the equation of a parabola in standard form when given just two important points from the parabola. Learn what these two points are and how they relate to the parabola.
8. How to Identify a Conic Section by Its Formulas
In algebra, we have a formula for everything. Take a cone and slice it and we have a formula for the shape that results. Watch this video lesson to learn how to distinguish between these formulas.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Trigonometry: Help and Review course
- Real Numbers - Types and Properties: Help and Review
- Working with Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Working with Inequalities in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Absolute Value Equations in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Working with Complex Numbers in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Systems of Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Mathematical Modeling in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Introduction to Quadratics in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Working with Quadratic Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Coordinate Geometry Review: Help and Review
- Functions for Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Understanding Function Operations in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Graph Symmetry in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Graphing with Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Basic Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Rational Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Trig - Rational Expressions & Function Graphs: Help & Review
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Functions: Help and Review
- Geometry in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Triangle Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Working with Trigonometric Graphs: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Equations: Help and Review
- Working with Trigonometric Identities: Help and Review
- Applications of Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations: Help and Review
- Circular Arcs, Circles & Angles: Help and Review
- TASC Math: Trigonometry